Michael Jackson SG (Singapore) Fanclub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRegisterLog inLatest imagesSearch

My MJ 02 Exhibition experience

Go down 
+5
radyalovesmjj
cindy_leo86
Admin
Star
trinixdeangelov
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
trinixdeangelov
Admin
trinixdeangelov

My MJ 02 Exhibition experience Empty
PostSubject: My MJ 02 Exhibition experience   My MJ 02 Exhibition experience Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 10:02 am

Ello everyone, I'm back frm my trip & since some of u guys have been asking me to tell abt my trip to the exhibition, I'm gonna be writing abt it in here.

Queuing up to buy the ticket to enter was in itself already a nerve-wrecking experience... my heart was thumping so fast... LOLx... then we had to wait a while to go inside as a friend of ours was meeting us to go for the exhibition together, & visitors were only allowed in at 15 minutes intervals. Finally the time for us to enter the exhibition nearer & we walked to where the exhibition was held. It was situated very far inside the 02 Arena itself, going past a carousel, some pubs, restaurants & shops, etc. Very soon, I saw the entrance to the exhibition & my heart felt like it was abt to give way. We stood in line & all the while I had to take deep breaths to calm myself down. Going thru the doors, a lady greeted us in a dark room & told us that we would be viewing a 4-min video abt Michael & his career before we started the tour. At that moment, I lost it... I said to my friends, "Why must they do this to us???" because I knew that watching any vid would make me cry.

True enough, when the video started, tears came falling & I had to put on my shades as quickly as I could, even though it was rather dark inside. That just started the whole crying episode for me.. sigh... After the video, the side door opened & we were in. Viewing the exhibit was overwhelming, I cried so much, non-stop & really struggled to keep my emotions reigned in. Seeing everything up close was just unbelievable.. sure there was the Wow factor of being so close to all of Michael's stuff but the tears just couldn't stop flowing... I'm even tearing up as I write this.

The exhibition was put into 9 sections namely - Early Years, Stardom, Dancer, Gift Giver, Style, Neverland, Video, Concert & This Is It. There were lots and lots of stuff on display & I really took my time with each. Looking at every costume, drew back memories of his performances, etc & that really tug at my heartstrings. I went up as close as I could to each display and seemed to have caught a faint whiff of the costumes... real or my imagination? I really didn't care. The security there was so tight, I couldn't sneak out my camera at all (even trying to take a picutre outside of the exhibition was not permitted). I stayed around each exhibit as long as I could, not wanting to leave... staying throughout each song & video that played.

The costumes were bedazzling up close, u could see every little detail very carefully, frm his famous gold spandex bodysuit, to his Dangerous Tour jacket, to his United We Stand jacket, to his custom biker jacket, to everything, it was so stunningly beautiful. I also realised that Michael had quite large-sized feet... Hee & all his shoes' inner soles had his MJ logo printed on, proving that each pair was a custom-made piece. They even displayed Michael's various hats & badges collection, his crown, throne chair & sceptre & a lot of his blings. There were so many things to see, so I didn't understand the ppl, who had wrote negative things abt the exhibition on the Exhibition page on FB. I only broke a little rule when I reached out to touch the foot of the MJ HIStory statue.. how could I not touch sth in there? Even thought security was super tight, I'm glad I got to sneak in a little touch somewhere.

The most heat-wrenching display to me was the last display at the exhibition... it was a lone thermal container sitting in a case. The caption to that exhibit showed the visitor the private side of Michael... that that was one of the flasks that Michael's children used to pack their father some food from home whenever Michael was at rehearsals for This Is It. My heart broke just looking at that simple looking flask... It wasn't extravagant at all, just a simple plain coloured flask but what it represented was a whole lot - of his children's love towards Michael.Crying or Very sad

Just before we exited, there was a row of books left out for visitors to pen a few words... those books would be given to Michael's family after the exhibition. I took quite a long while writing in there as I had to keep stopping myself frm weeping into the book. I filled out a whole page of one book, writing messages (with one on behalf of us here). About a gd hr plus later, I bid the exhibition farewell & entered the Exhibition store.

Last edited by trinixdeangelov on Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
trinixdeangelov
Admin
trinixdeangelov

PostSubject: Re: My MJ 02 Exhibition experience   My MJ 02 Exhibition experience Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 10:22 am

Even though I couldn't take any pics, I've sourced out frm the web some pics frm the exhibition frm news sites, etc... enjoy.

Costumes
My MJ 02 Exhibition experience Costum10

Glove
My MJ 02 Exhibition experience Glove10

Rolls Royce Phantom car... apparently this was the very car that Michael used to travel in with Elizabeth Taylor.
My MJ 02 Exhibition experience Car10

Royal cloak, sceptre, throne, etc... found in the Neverland section
My MJ 02 Exhibition experience Neverl10

Piano found in the Neverland section... this piano was made by a very well-known artiste, whose piano creations were only meant for intricate musicians as they were very old, etc. Michael was known to have played on this very piano while he was at home in Neverland.
My MJ 02 Exhibition experience Piano10

Michael's shoes.. can see the big feet size.. Hee.. & see the MJ logo in the insoles Smile
My MJ 02 Exhibition experience Shoes_10

TII Concert tickets... 3D Hologram... there were abt 5 or 6 sets of different hologram tixs & Michael had designed each design himself.
My MJ 02 Exhibition experience Tii_ti10

Video section of the exhibition... can u see the HIStory statue??? Yup, that was the statue's foot tt I touched Very Happy
My MJ 02 Exhibition experience Video10
Back to top Go down
Star
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN
Star

PostSubject: Re: My MJ 02 Exhibition experience   My MJ 02 Exhibition experience Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 10:38 am

thanks for sharing, trinix.. my heart was thumping hard while reading your post.. could not even type properly now.. though i may not have as much memories as fans who knew michael even earlier (like you), all the video and concert scenes, pictures and those that i read just rush to me.. some times i wonder why i miss this guy so much.. feel so weak now..

and yes, my mum said that Michael was known for big size feet, though i never felt he had..
Back to top Go down
trinixdeangelov
Admin
trinixdeangelov

PostSubject: Re: My MJ 02 Exhibition experience   My MJ 02 Exhibition experience Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 12:19 pm

Star wrote:
thanks for sharing, trinix.. my heart was thumping hard while reading your post.. could not even type properly now.. though i may not have as much memories as fans who knew michael even earlier (like you), all the video and concert scenes, pictures and those that i read just rush to me.. some times i wonder why i miss this guy so much.. feel so weak now..

and yes, my mum said that Michael was known for big size feet, though i never felt he had..

Glad u enjoyed reading abt it... it was really a sob fest for me, just thankfully it was quiet crying & my shades helped... must have looked strange to other visitors 'cos it was quite dark inside & here I was wearing shades... Hee..

Wah, ur mum even knew abt Michael's feet size... see, can tell she knows what a bit abt Michael even tho' she pretends not too.. hee
Back to top Go down
Star
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN
Star

PostSubject: Re: My MJ 02 Exhibition experience   My MJ 02 Exhibition experience Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 1:17 pm

trinixdeangelov wrote:
Star wrote:

Glad u enjoyed reading abt it... it was really a sob fest for me, just thankfully it was quiet crying & my shades helped... must have looked strange to other visitors 'cos it was quite dark inside & here I was wearing shades... Hee..

Wah, ur mum even knew abt Michael's feet size... see, can tell she knows what a bit abt Michael even tho' she pretends not too.. hee

ya. she told me quite a few facts of michael.. i'm sure she's trying to hide her craziness.. maybe she feels a 50 year old should not behave like a teenage.. but i dun understand why she feels i'm obsessed when she herself is a fan too.. generation gap.. haha.. she must have regretted telling me more about michael..hee..
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My MJ 02 Exhibition experience   My MJ 02 Exhibition experience Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 1:55 pm

What a breathtaking post..Thanks for sharing.
I would have fainted if its me.. Very Happy I'm glad you are able to experience this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity...
Well.. I'm just... speechless.
Back to top Go down
https://mjsgfanclub.forumotion.com
trinixdeangelov
Admin
trinixdeangelov

PostSubject: Re: My MJ 02 Exhibition experience   My MJ 02 Exhibition experience Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 4:57 pm

Star wrote:
trinixdeangelov wrote:
Star wrote:

ya. she told me quite a few facts of michael.. i'm sure she's trying to hide her craziness.. maybe she feels a 50 year old should not behave like a teenage.. but i dun understand why she feels i'm obsessed when she herself is a fan too.. generation gap.. haha.. she must have regretted telling me more about michael..hee..

ur mum's in tt silent fan generation I guess... even more so for being here in Sg.. hee
Back to top Go down
trinixdeangelov
Admin
trinixdeangelov

PostSubject: Re: My MJ 02 Exhibition experience   My MJ 02 Exhibition experience Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 4:58 pm

Admin wrote:
I would have fainted if its me.. Very Happy I'm glad you are able to experience this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity...

Glad u enjoyed reading it... I was crying so much I went thru 2 packets of tissue papers Embarassed
Back to top Go down
cindy_leo86
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN
cindy_leo86

PostSubject: Re: My MJ 02 Exhibition experience   My MJ 02 Exhibition experience Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 8:05 am

trinixdeangelov wrote:
Admin wrote:

Glad u enjoyed reading it... I was crying so much I went thru 2 packets of tissue papers Embarassed

Think i will cry very hard if i were to be there Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
radyalovesmjj
A die-hard MJ Fan
A die-hard MJ Fan
radyalovesmjj

PostSubject: Re: My MJ 02 Exhibition experience   My MJ 02 Exhibition experience Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 2:36 pm

i feel like crying when i see that wax figure of his. got this sensation that if i were to hug his figure he would come to life. surely that trip must've been so surreal as if he never left us at all.
Back to top Go down
http://2faces2worlds.blogspot.com
trinixdeangelov
Admin
trinixdeangelov

PostSubject: Re: My MJ 02 Exhibition experience   My MJ 02 Exhibition experience Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 2:40 pm

cindy_leo86 wrote:
trinixdeangelov wrote:
Admin wrote:

Think i will cry very hard if i were to be there Rolling Eyes

Yeah, I cried already the instant tt lady told us to sit & watch tt 4-min video... I thought I was gonna go mad... I really struggled to control my crying & keep it in & not weep loudly Embarassed
Back to top Go down
trinixdeangelov
Admin
trinixdeangelov

PostSubject: Re: My MJ 02 Exhibition experience   My MJ 02 Exhibition experience Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 2:42 pm

radyalovesmjj wrote:
i feel like crying when i see that wax figure of his. got this sensation that if i were to hug his figure he would come to life. surely that trip must've been so surreal as if he never left us at all.

I felt so close to Michael at the exhibition, like I could somehow catch whiffs of his smell.. I was alone by myself at most of the displays... there was this gentle, musky, sweet, manly smell... maybe it was just my imagination.
Back to top Go down
cindy_leo86
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN
cindy_leo86

PostSubject: Re: My MJ 02 Exhibition experience   My MJ 02 Exhibition experience Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 3:41 pm

trinixdeangelov wrote:
radyalovesmjj wrote:

I felt so close to Michael at the exhibition, like I could somehow catch whiffs of his smell.. I was alone by myself at most of the displays... there was this gentle, musky, sweet, manly smell... maybe it was just my imagination.

How i wish i could be there.. I guess that kind of feeling is quite difficult to describe in words right? I can imagine i will cry while watching the video and Michael collection. To others, it was just a normal collection but is us fans, we see it as Michael in person. Guess we will feel that Michael is somehow hanging around that place.
Back to top Go down
Star
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN
Star

PostSubject: Re: My MJ 02 Exhibition experience   My MJ 02 Exhibition experience Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 3:56 pm

trinixdeangelov wrote:
radyalovesmjj wrote:

so you do get to smell him.. we were discussing in some other thread if there are sample of his smell in the ex cos i heard he smells real good.. hee.. i hope what you smelled is true and remember that smell.. =)
Back to top Go down
Star
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN
Star

PostSubject: Re: My MJ 02 Exhibition experience   My MJ 02 Exhibition experience Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 4:00 pm

cindy_leo86 wrote:
trinixdeangelov wrote:
radyalovesmjj wrote:

How i wish i could be there.. I guess that kind of feeling is quite difficult to describe in words right? I can imagine i will cry while watching the video and Michael collection. To others, it was just a normal collection but is us fans, we see it as Michael in person. Guess we will feel that Michael is somehow hanging around that place.

after trinix's trip, i was thinking if i would still visit the ex if i was given the chance.. i think i will be too afraid to accept the fact he is gone.. and so afraid i will breakdown over there.. it seemed like i can understand how trinix felt before she left for london now.. i think i will cry real bad..
Back to top Go down
trinixdeangelov
Admin
trinixdeangelov

PostSubject: Re: My MJ 02 Exhibition experience   My MJ 02 Exhibition experience Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 4:02 pm

Star wrote:
trinixdeangelov wrote:
radyalovesmjj wrote:

so you do get to smell him.. we were discussing in some other thread if there are sample of his smell in the ex cos i heard he smells real good.. hee.. i hope what you smelled is true and remember that smell.. =)

I really don't know... hope it wasn't just my imagination...
Back to top Go down
Star
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN
Star

PostSubject: Re: My MJ 02 Exhibition experience   My MJ 02 Exhibition experience Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 4:12 pm

trinixdeangelov wrote:
Star wrote:
trinixdeangelov wrote:
radyalovesmjj wrote:

I really don't know... hope it wasn't just my imagination...

i hope i can imagine too.. but dunno what to start with..
Back to top Go down
cindy_leo86
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN
cindy_leo86

PostSubject: Re: My MJ 02 Exhibition experience   My MJ 02 Exhibition experience Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 4:29 pm

Star wrote:
cindy_leo86 wrote:
trinixdeangelov wrote:
radyalovesmjj wrote:

after trinix's trip, i was thinking if i would still visit the ex if i was given the chance.. i think i will be too afraid to accept the fact he is gone.. and so afraid i will breakdown over there.. it seemed like i can understand how trinix felt before she left for london now.. i think i will cry real bad..

Will definitely breakdown.. but if i'm going with friends, think die die also must hold back my tears. If is my bf worst, must say i need to go to the ladies. If not he will sure say wow.... u cry becos of Michael. Later my bf will jealous
Back to top Go down
Star
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN
Star

PostSubject: Re: My MJ 02 Exhibition experience   My MJ 02 Exhibition experience Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 4:39 pm

cindy_leo86 wrote:
Star wrote:
cindy_leo86 wrote:
trinixdeangelov wrote:
radyalovesmjj wrote:

Will definitely breakdown.. but if i'm going with friends, think die die also must hold back my tears. If is my bf worst, must say i need to go to the ladies. If not he will sure say wow.... u cry becos of Michael. Later my bf will jealous

i think i would want to go alone.. if my bf insist on coming, i'll just cry in front of him even if he feels my crazy.. i believe he will be there for me too.. plus some jealousy of course..
Back to top Go down
cindy_leo86
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN
cindy_leo86

PostSubject: Re: My MJ 02 Exhibition experience   My MJ 02 Exhibition experience Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 4:48 pm

Star wrote:
cindy_leo86 wrote:
Star wrote:
cindy_leo86 wrote:
trinixdeangelov wrote:
radyalovesmjj wrote:

i think i would want to go alone.. if my bf insist on coming, i'll just cry in front of him even if he feels my crazy.. i believe he will be there for me too.. plus some jealousy of course..

Ya. Hmm.. but sometime i don't really understand why they need to get jealous over Michael. He mean he've already left us Rolling Eyes jealous for what?
Back to top Go down
Star
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN
Star

PostSubject: Re: My MJ 02 Exhibition experience   My MJ 02 Exhibition experience Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 4:57 pm

cindy_leo86 wrote:
Star wrote:
cindy_leo86 wrote:
Star wrote:
cindy_leo86 wrote:
trinixdeangelov wrote:
radyalovesmjj wrote:

Ya. Hmm.. but sometime i don't really understand why they need to get jealous over Michael. He mean he've already left us Rolling Eyes jealous for what?

cos we cry for him.. we think of him more than them.. haha.. they will ask why do we still love him when he is already gone.. love is beyond borders.. =)
Back to top Go down
trinixdeangelov
Admin
trinixdeangelov

PostSubject: Re: My MJ 02 Exhibition experience   My MJ 02 Exhibition experience Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 6:10 am

tt's why I went to UK on my own... even tho' I went to the O2 with friends, they left me to walk on my own 'cos they knew how impt the exhibition was to me. As I've said, the love I have for Michael is sth not even my hubby can understand... I said I was gonna go for tonight's mob rehearsal, he said I was hopeless.. I was like "Whatever lah... I'm tired of being judged."
Back to top Go down
Star
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN
Star

PostSubject: Re: My MJ 02 Exhibition experience   My MJ 02 Exhibition experience Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 4:56 pm

i think going alone is still the best.. you can cry and do whatever without people judging or refraining you.. my bf is so mean.. he brought me to HMV and borders again but refrain me from looking at MJ stuff.. he said:" you people are just waiting for your bf to leave.." i could sense the real jealousy.. he start comparing himself with michael asking if i will react the same if he is dead.. but sometimes, he recall scenes of this is it and start imitating michael.. he was thinking of michael as much as us.. all the pride and jealousy.. guys' mind are more complicated than girls.. even harder to understand..
Back to top Go down
trinixdeangelov
Admin
trinixdeangelov

PostSubject: Re: My MJ 02 Exhibition experience   My MJ 02 Exhibition experience Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 5:29 pm

Star wrote:
i think going alone is still the best.. you can cry and do whatever without people judging or refraining you.. my bf is so mean.. he brought me to HMV and borders again but refrain me from looking at MJ stuff.. he said:" you people are just waiting for your bf to leave.." i could sense the real jealousy.. he start comparing himself with michael asking if i will react the same if he is dead.. but sometimes, he recall scenes of this is it and start imitating michael.. he was thinking of michael as much as us.. all the pride and jealousy.. guys' mind are more complicated than girls.. even harder to understand..

U'll have to tell me to grow up & stop being so mean & hurting ur feelings like tt... it's not funny. He's he & Michael's Michael, there can NV be any comparison... If u were so shallow, would u even be with him? Poor u *hugs* He just needs to see that u can love him but still have someone else to love too... who's he to say who u should love or not... it's not like u're doing him any wrong by thinking of Michael... & come on, he's jealous of a man who's gone?? Oh my...
Back to top Go down
Star
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN
Star

PostSubject: Re: My MJ 02 Exhibition experience   My MJ 02 Exhibition experience Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 5:46 pm

trinixdeangelov wrote:
Star wrote:

U'll have to tell me to grow up & stop being so mean & hurting ur feelings like tt... it's not funny. He's he & Michael's Michael, there can NV be any comparison... If u were so shallow, would u even be with him? Poor u *hugs* He just needs to see that u can love him but still have someone else to love too... who's he to say who u should love or not... it's not like u're doing him any wrong by thinking of Michael... & come on, he's jealous of a man who's gone?? Oh my...

Thanks *hugs* ya. i was real shock when he asked that.. well.. this shows that not only girls can be jealous.. i mean.. the love is different.. some times, i really want to be alone when i can do whatever i want.. and if he really want to enter hmv or book stores, i should have the freedom to browse anything i like.. afterall we have different interests.. but he's sweet at times too.. asking if i want a section to display my MJ collection in future.. with nice shelves and lighting.. of course i want if he really mean it.. just afraid its an empty promise.. but i'll do it myself if he backs out of that idea in future.. haha.. because he is sometimes for and sometimes against, its hard for me to decide if i can share my thoughts with him.. well, i think love can be simple but complex at times..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My MJ 02 Exhibition experience   My MJ 02 Exhibition experience Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My MJ 02 Exhibition experience
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next