Michael Jackson SG (Singapore) Fanclub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRegisterLog inLatest imagesSearch

Michael Jackson's Doctor 'To Appear In Court'

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
trinixdeangelov
Admin
trinixdeangelov

Michael Jackson's Doctor 'To Appear In Court' Empty
PostSubject: Michael Jackson's Doctor 'To Appear In Court'   Michael Jackson's Doctor 'To Appear In Court' Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 5:56 am

Michael Jackson's personal doctor Conrad Murray will appear in court charged over the star's death, according to reports.
©️ Sky News 2010

Dr Murray's lawyer Ed Chernoff has confirmed that he is negotiating his surrender to the authorities.

The doctor will be charged with involuntary manslaughter and appear at a court in Los Angeles, according to the showbiz website TMZ.

Chernoff said in a web statement: "We are presently negotiating with the District Attorneys' office the surrender of Dr Murray.

"The specifics have not yet been agreed to and when the agreement is complete we will report further on this website.

"Until then we will not be sharing agreement terms or conducting interviews with the media."

Meanwhile Jackson's sister La Toya has hit out at the apparent involuntary manslaughter charge.

She says Dr Murray should face the more serious charge of premeditated manslaughter, which carries a heftier sentence.

Law enforcement officials plan to charge Dr Murray for giving Jackson a powerful anesthetic that led to his overdose death in June.

Dr Murray maintains that nothing he gave Jackson should have killed him.

His spokesman Miranda Sevcik said: "We continue to maintain that Dr Murray neither prescribed nor administered anything that should have killed Michael Jackson."

Jackson died suddenly last June aged 50 as he was preparing for a series of sell-out concerts at the O2 arena in London.

Dr Murray, who was treating the star, told detectives he had given him the general anaesthetic propofol and two other sedatives to help him sleep.

Jackson, a chronic insomniac, used to describe the drug as his "milk".

Dr Murray said the King of Pop relied on propofol to sleep but he was trying to wean him off it.
Back to top Go down
trinixdeangelov
Admin
trinixdeangelov

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor 'To Appear In Court'   Michael Jackson's Doctor 'To Appear In Court' Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 5:58 am

Jackson family unhappy over Conrad Murray charge.
ICN

The doctor of Michael Jackson, Conrad Murray, is to appear in court charged with the singer's death, according to reports.

Dr Murray's legal representative Ed Chernoff confirmed that he is negotiating his surrender to the authorities.

He will be charged with involuntary manslaughter and appear at an LA court, according to website TMZ.

Chernoff said in a web statement: "We are presently negotiating with the District Attorneys' office the surrender of Dr Murray.

"The specifics have not yet been agreed to and when the agreement is complete we will report further on this website."

Jackson's sister has called for the doctor to face more serious charges.
Back to top Go down
trinixdeangelov
Admin
trinixdeangelov

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor 'To Appear In Court'   Michael Jackson's Doctor 'To Appear In Court' Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 6:00 am

La Toya Hits Out At Jackson Doctor Charge
©️ Sky News 2010

Michael Jackson's sister La Toya has hit out at the apparent decision to charge his doctor with involuntary manslaughter.

She says Dr Conrad Murray should face the more serious charge of premeditated manslaughter, which carries a heftier sentence.

Talking to reporters outside Mr Chow's restaurant in Beverly Hills, La Toya said: "He should have been charged with premeditated."

She was then asked if she thought more people were involved in her brother's death, to which she replied: "Absolutely".

The singer was speaking as the authorities prepared to charge Dr Murray following a lengthy police investigation.

According to reports in the US, he will present himself to Los Angeles police on Friday morning.

He is then expected to be charged with involuntary manslaughter before being taken to court to appear before a judge.

A spokesman for the Los Angeles attorney's office said she could "neither confirm nor deny" the reports.

Jackson died suddenly last June aged 50 as he was preparing for a series of sell-out concerts at the O2 arena in London.

Dr Murray, who was treating the star, told detectives he had given him the general anaesthetic propofol and two other sedatives to help him sleep.

Jackson, a chronic insomniac, used to describe the drug as his "milk".

Dr Murray said the King of Pop relied on propofol to sleep but he was trying to wean him off it. He strongly denies any criminal wrongdoing.

"We continue to maintain that Dr Murray neither prescribed nor administered anything that should have killed Michael Jackson," said his spokeswoman Miranda Sevcik.
Back to top Go down
trinixdeangelov
Admin
trinixdeangelov

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor 'To Appear In Court'   Michael Jackson's Doctor 'To Appear In Court' Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 6:13 am

Jackon's Doctor 'Will Surrender To Police'
©️ Sky News 2010

Michael Jackson's former doctor will surrender to authorities today to face a criminal charge stemming from the singer's death, his lawyer has said.

Attorney Ed Chernoff said Dr Conrad Murray agreed to turn himself in after talks with the prosecutor handling the case.

Details about how he would surrender were still being worked out.

"You tell us where, we'll be there," Mr Chernoff said in a posting on his website.

It was not immediately clear when Murray would be arraigned. Los Angeles County Sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore said it would not happen on Friday.

Word that Murray would surrender came after a day of haggling between prosecutors, law officials and defence lawyers over whether the physician should be arrested or allowed to turn himself in.

Officials from the Los Angeles Police Department, which spent the past seven months investigating Murray, wanted to arrest him, a law official told reporters anonymously.

Various factors prompted the push to seize the doctor, including the possibility he might flee before arraignment, the official continued.

Police also worried it could appear Murray was being given special treatment, if he was allowed to turn himself in.

But the official said the district attorney's office opposed the plan to make an arrest and negotiated a surrender with Murray's lawyers.

Jackson, 50, died on June 25 at his rented Los Angeles mansion while under the care of Murray, a cardiologist with practices in Houston and Las Vegas.

Prosecutors reportedly plan to charge Murray with involuntary manslaughter, alleging he gave Jackson a powerful anaesthetic to help him sleep but that instead led to his death.
Back to top Go down
Star
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN
Star

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor 'To Appear In Court'   Michael Jackson's Doctor 'To Appear In Court' Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 5:42 pm

if it was true that what was given to michael was not the lethal dose, we cant blame anyone but michael's unluckiness.. it could have meant that michael's body could not take the burden any longer.. definitely, i'm not siding anyone here.. just making a neutral comments. but i'm seriously upset with the fact that michael was not being closely monitored after the adminstration of the medication and the CPR was done on the bed.. things would have been different if the doctor practise his standards.. sometimes, people take things for granted and forget that accidents still do happen.. Maybe that's Michael's fate.. i just hope that this will come to an end quickly.. Michael has left the world to some where happier.. Hope i did not offend anyone..
Back to top Go down
trinixdeangelov
Admin
trinixdeangelov

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor 'To Appear In Court'   Michael Jackson's Doctor 'To Appear In Court' Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 6:03 am

Star wrote:
if it was true that what was given to michael was not the lethal dose, we cant blame anyone but michael's unluckiness.. it could have meant that michael's body could not take the burden any longer.. definitely, i'm not siding anyone here.. just making a neutral comments. but i'm seriously upset with the fact that michael was not being closely monitored after the adminstration of the medication and the CPR was done on the bed.. things would have been different if the doctor practise his standards.. sometimes, people take things for granted and forget that accidents still do happen.. Maybe that's Michael's fate.. i just hope that this will come to an end quickly.. Michael has left the world to some where happier.. Hope i did not offend anyone..

It's alright, Star... feel free to express ur opinions here.. but honestly, one doesn't even have to be a doctor to know tt one can't give CPR on any other surface other than a hard flat surface because u need the flatness and the support to get the correct leverage, etc. The fact tt Conrad also fell asleep instead of watching his patient is terrible a showing on him as a doctor... as someone's life was in his hands. There are no excuses I'm afraid for those 2 pts.
Back to top Go down
lovethatAngel
A Hardcore MJ Fan
A Hardcore MJ Fan
lovethatAngel

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor 'To Appear In Court'   Michael Jackson's Doctor 'To Appear In Court' Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 2:03 pm

I am not really sure about this case.
But many are saying that Murray had choice whether to save Michael or not,
but he didn't, or couldn't.

But if he had the choice, why didn't he save Daddy Michael?
I don't understand.
I just saw the news on Channel 8 just now.
It's going to be another big one..
Back to top Go down
trinixdeangelov
Admin
trinixdeangelov

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor 'To Appear In Court'   Michael Jackson's Doctor 'To Appear In Court' Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 4:36 pm

lovethatAngel wrote:
I am not really sure about this case.
But many are saying that Murray had choice whether to save Michael or not,
but he didn't, or couldn't.

But if he had the choice, why didn't he save Daddy Michael?
I don't understand.
I just saw the news on Channel 8 just now.
It's going to be another big one..

I saw it on Channel 5 news too... only 4 yrs jail if convicted... 4 yrs is NOTHING.... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Star
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN
Star

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor 'To Appear In Court'   Michael Jackson's Doctor 'To Appear In Court' Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 5:07 am

trinixdeangelov wrote:
Star wrote:

It's alright, Star... feel free to express ur opinions here.. but honestly, one doesn't even have to be a doctor to know tt one can't give CPR on any other surface other than a hard flat surface because u need the flatness and the support to get the correct leverage, etc. The fact tt Conrad also fell asleep instead of watching his patient is terrible a showing on him as a doctor... as someone's life was in his hands. There are no excuses I'm afraid for those 2 pts.

yes i agree. There are no excuses..monitoring a patient's condition and reaction to such a drug is so impt.. like i said, he took things for granted.. though michael might have taken those drugs so many times before that, does not mean that every time will be as safe. well, sometimes to comfort myself, i'll tell myself that maybe its really time for Michael to leave for some place happier, though his passing had a great impact on his love ones.. Rest in peace, Michael...
Back to top Go down
Star
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN
Star

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor 'To Appear In Court'   Michael Jackson's Doctor 'To Appear In Court' Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 5:08 am

Just 4 years?? what about his licence? he can still be a doc? he does not look professional enough to me...
Back to top Go down
trinixdeangelov
Admin
trinixdeangelov

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor 'To Appear In Court'   Michael Jackson's Doctor 'To Appear In Court' Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 7:04 am

Star wrote:
Just 4 years?? what about his licence? he can still be a doc? he does not look professional enough to me...

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
cindy_leo86
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN
cindy_leo86

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor 'To Appear In Court'   Michael Jackson's Doctor 'To Appear In Court' Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 8:20 am

4 yrs only??? Michael's leave us forever but Murray only punish for 4 yrs Sad
Back to top Go down
lovethatAngel
A Hardcore MJ Fan
A Hardcore MJ Fan
lovethatAngel

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor 'To Appear In Court'   Michael Jackson's Doctor 'To Appear In Court' Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 9:10 am

He had the choice to save and he didn't.
I would like to see how this guy is convicted and if there are evidence to whether he is guilty.
If he is guilty, not only justice is gained, Daddy Michael's stupid story about the death hoax will stop because, if it was fake, how can they sue an innocent person?

*No Offence to anyone*
Back to top Go down
Star
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN
Star

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor 'To Appear In Court'   Michael Jackson's Doctor 'To Appear In Court' Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 11:23 am

how i wish can become tiny and go into michael's body and see what condition he was in at that time and what are the medications doing to him.. to see if he still has hope to live or his time was really up.. i dunno if michael's death was really caused by the med, or the doctor's negligence, or his body. trying hard to stay neutral till the truth is out..
Back to top Go down
trinixdeangelov
Admin
trinixdeangelov

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor 'To Appear In Court'   Michael Jackson's Doctor 'To Appear In Court' Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 3:47 pm

I believe it was a mixture of meds & neglect... sigh
Back to top Go down
trinixdeangelov
Admin
trinixdeangelov

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor 'To Appear In Court'   Michael Jackson's Doctor 'To Appear In Court' Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 4:15 pm

Murray Pleads "Not Guilty" & Judge Sets Bail
CNN

Conrad Murray has pled not guilty to involuntary manslaughter in the death of Michael Jackson. He entered his plea in Los Angeles Superior Court hours after he was charged.

If convicted, Murray will only face four years in prison.

Murray appeared in court wearing a gray suit. Michael's parents, Joseph and Katherine Jackson sat behind the prosecutors along with siblings LaToya, Jermaine, Tito, Jackie and Randy.

Murray has been taken into custody and is being held on $75,000 bail after pleading not guilty to causing the death of Michael Jackson. Superior Court Judge Keith L. Schwartz set the bail at three times more than what most people charged with involuntary manslaughter face.

The prosecutors had been seeking $300,000 bail for Murray, who was taken into custody by deputies, but not handcuffed in public.

Judge Schwartz told Murray he must surrender his passport and not travel overseas although he may travel throughout the United States.

Hundreds of fans gathered at the courthouse located adjacent to the Los Angeles International Airport as well as members of Michael's family and crowd of reporters.

Legal experts have said that the autopsy findings made public this morning help the prosecution's case and will serve to block the potential defense that Michael hid serious conditions that increased the risk of death from the medications he was being administered. No such conditions were found save a chronic lung inflammation that reduced capacity and may have resulted in shortness of breath.
Back to top Go down
radyalovesmjj
A die-hard MJ Fan
A die-hard MJ Fan
radyalovesmjj

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor 'To Appear In Court'   Michael Jackson's Doctor 'To Appear In Court' Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 10:15 am

and just because MJ had a problem, doesn't mean he deserved to die or have this a-hole administer and be his dealer regardless of law or ethics.

maybe this will make some docs think twice , before becoming a celebrity enabler. this man is revolting and a disgrace to the health care community.

why don't they just sentence murray to life imprisonment or a death sentence instead? 4 years is not enough.
Back to top Go down
http://2faces2worlds.blogspot.com
trinixdeangelov
Admin
trinixdeangelov

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor 'To Appear In Court'   Michael Jackson's Doctor 'To Appear In Court' Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 6:19 am

Ppl are just gonna start tearing Michael down again... like the past wasn't enough... the family's gonna suffer & so will his fans... this is stupid... 4 yrs is nothing but do u realyl think the law of the USA is gonna care? I doubt so.
Back to top Go down
trinixdeangelov
Admin
trinixdeangelov

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor 'To Appear In Court'   Michael Jackson's Doctor 'To Appear In Court' Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 2:46 pm

MJ autopsy supports homicide
source: The Straits Times, 12 Feb 2010

Los Angeles - Michael Jackson's full autopsy report was released on Monday, giving the coroner's reasons why his death was ruled a homicide, and revealing that the singer was underweight, had a skin disorder and wore a wig.

A day after his doctor Conrad Murray was charged in the death, the Los Angeles coroner issued the 51-paged report, supporting last August's conclusion that the singer died from "acute propofol intoxication", various reports said.

A consultant, reviewing the findings by investigators, wrote that the sedative propofol is not supposed to be used for "insomnia relief, to my knowledge."

She wrote that the only domestic use of the drug, which Murray said he gave Jackson, are "cases of fatal abuse, suicide, murder and accident."

Also, the "recommended equipment for patient monitoring, precision dosing and resuscitation was not present. The standard of care for administering propofol was not met."

According to the report, Jackson examined shortly after he was found dead, had head hair that is "sparse and connected to a wig" and "dark skin discolouration resembling a tattoo" on the front half of his scalp, pointing to a receding hairline.

He had tattooed-on eyebrows and eyeliner and a "pink tattoo" around his lips, his "overall skin had patches of light and dark pigmented areas", accoring to the report, confirming he had vitiligo, a skin condition which causes irregular patches of white skin.

"A small piece of gauze was found on the tip of his nose," added the report, which was available online. He had 13 "puncture wounds" on his body, and was "extremely underweight", being 5 ft 9 ins (1.75m) tall and weighing 136 lbs (50.8kg).

When he died, he had "chronic lung inflammation, respiratory bronchiolitis, diffuse congestion and patchy hemorrhage of right and left lungs."

No fewer than 31 photographs were taken of his body during the examination.

Murray has pleaded not guilty to a charge of involuntary manslaughter.
Back to top Go down
trinixdeangelov
Admin
trinixdeangelov

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor 'To Appear In Court'   Michael Jackson's Doctor 'To Appear In Court' Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 2:49 pm

My heart is bleeding so badly after reading this article... Michael was in such a battered state Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Star
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN
Star

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor 'To Appear In Court'   Michael Jackson's Doctor 'To Appear In Court' Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 4:15 pm

the doctor was not performing what he should. i'm so disappointed in him. And michael trusted him.. its so unfair to our precious Michael.. so unfair.. Sad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
trinixdeangelov
Admin
trinixdeangelov

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor 'To Appear In Court'   Michael Jackson's Doctor 'To Appear In Court' Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 4:34 am

Sigh..........
Back to top Go down
lovethatAngel
A Hardcore MJ Fan
A Hardcore MJ Fan
lovethatAngel

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor 'To Appear In Court'   Michael Jackson's Doctor 'To Appear In Court' Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 1:27 am

Pink tattoo on the lips?
Receding hairline?
Wig?
What is all this?
What happened to Daddy Michael?!
*heart breaks*
Someone, tell me this isn't true.......

Murray is going to pay for all this... He have to... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
trinixdeangelov
Admin
trinixdeangelov

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor 'To Appear In Court'   Michael Jackson's Doctor 'To Appear In Court' Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 5:34 am

lovethatAngel wrote:
Pink tattoo on the lips?
Receding hairline?
Wig?
What is all this?
What happened to Daddy Michael?!
*heart breaks*
Someone, tell me this isn't true.......

Murray is going to pay for all this... He have to... Crying or Very sad

Michael has been known to have done some tatoo job on his lips... back when I got to know abt it I wasn't too sure if it's real or not.. seems like the autopsy results proved it... but I really don't know. Receding hairline could be due to aging (it's possible)... I've read that Michael wore wigs due to the hair loss he had suffered, caused by the burn he suffered filming that Pepsi commercial. There has been debates over his later yrs pics with regards to his hairstyle, with many claiming that they look very much like a wig, esp the TII conference. Again, I wouldn't know...
Back to top Go down
lovethatAngel
A Hardcore MJ Fan
A Hardcore MJ Fan
lovethatAngel

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor 'To Appear In Court'   Michael Jackson's Doctor 'To Appear In Court' Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 2:06 am

Oh dear ...
I didn't know about all this ...
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson's Doctor 'To Appear In Court'   Michael Jackson's Doctor 'To Appear In Court' Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Michael Jackson's Doctor 'To Appear In Court'
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next