Michael Jackson SG (Singapore) Fanclub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRegisterLog inLatest imagesSearch

3 versions of "THIS IS IT"?!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

3 versions of "THIS IS IT"?! Empty
PostSubject: 3 versions of "THIS IS IT"?!   3 versions of "THIS IS IT"?! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 6:41 am

There have been recent claims by international fans that there are 3 different versions for "THIS IS IT". affraid Some of them claimed to have watched different parts altogether.

There's a part in this video which confuses me because I don't remember seeing it in TII. What do you guys think?

P/S: Pardon for the death hoax thingy for the video. I'm NOT trying to promote anything about the death hoax. (even though I am quite into the topic tongue) Just thought that its interesting to share regarding the 3 different versions of "This Is It".
If anyone is going for the 3rd or 100th time, just do take note of the differences! (Not sure if it applies to Singapore though) Haha.
Back to top Go down
https://mjsgfanclub.forumotion.com
skyenat
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN
skyenat

PostSubject: Re: 3 versions of "THIS IS IT"?!   3 versions of "THIS IS IT"?! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 8:13 am

hmmm I'm thinking maybe differnt countries kinda thing? as in, I'm not too sure how to explain but like for some movies certain scenes were put in/cut out for some movies.. so maybe that's just the thing? I don't know why, but I know sometimes it happens.

But maybe they'll but the missing scenes from each into the DVD or something =X Hopefully
Back to top Go down
trinixdeangelov
Admin
trinixdeangelov

PostSubject: Re: 3 versions of "THIS IS IT"?!   3 versions of "THIS IS IT"?! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 9:25 am

Erm the scene where Michael's talking to Kenny with his arms extended open wide was the bit we have seen here in Sg, where Michael talks abt how he wants the ending to Earth Song to have a bigger impact... where he wanted the machine's mouth to open, music stops & the machine's mouth then close in silence... The bit abt Michael scratching his ear & going "I can't hear good..." isn't tt when they were doing the J5 bit in the movie, where Michael tgets thrown off by the ear pieces & then he removes 'em & says he feels like someone's pushing their fist into his ear.

I'm going for my 3rd time tonight but I'm very very sure the parts mentioned in the above clip is what we have seen in Sg... so tt's not the ones we're missing out on.. as for other possible versions, maybe as Nat said different countries might have different stuff & maybe those we didn't see would be the extras promised on the DVD.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 3 versions of "THIS IS IT"?!   3 versions of "THIS IS IT"?! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 10:18 am

Yeah.. Maybe cos I was closing my eyes when he was doing that scene. (I was quite sleepy on that day while watching it *apologetic*)
But yeah, I thought about the DVD possibility too. Let's just wait for it to come out and see if all the parts are included inside. I believe they will give extra featurettes or bonuses inside.
Laughing

Hope you will enjoy your 3rd date with Michael tonight! Haha.
Back to top Go down
trinixdeangelov
Admin
trinixdeangelov

PostSubject: Re: 3 versions of "THIS IS IT"?!   3 versions of "THIS IS IT"?! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 2:22 pm

Hokay... just back in frm my 3rd viewing... here's my take & observations so far... I'm pretty sure I counted more than 8 different outfits... thing is it got rather tricky esp with the issue of Michael wearing tt red shirt... I think he must have loved tt red shirt 'cos I saw tt shirt mixed with other stuff... there was a total of 7 tt I counted.

Michael wore that red shirt 1) on its own, w/o the black tee under it (during Thriller tt bit), 2) he had tt same shirt under a silver coat (i think tt was in Beat it), 3) tt same shirt was also worn with a silky blue shirt (as in The Way u Make Me Feel), 4) same red shirt again under a grey coat (can't remember now during which part), 5) He had tt same shirt again under the black finned jacket (during the duet with Judith Hill - I Can't Stop Loving You), 6) he had it under his white pin-striped coat (sometime either during parts of Smooth Criminal or after) & lastly 7) It was jsut the red shirt under a white jacket (not while performing, just a quick brief glimpse tt i caught of it).

It could all be the same shirt under different tops but I remember seeing his back-up dancers, singers & other musicians wearing different stuff too when he had tt red shirt mixed with other tops... so I'm guessing maybe he loved tt red shirt so much, he wore it practically at most rehearsals.

Then there was the finned black jacket with a Popeye shirt under (during Human Nature), the Smooth Criminal getup over light blue top & orange (i think) jeans, then there was tt red thriller jacket (when he was overseeing the filming for the Thriller background, there was tt baggy pants with a bulldog print on one leg during the Earth Song, then the black sequined number for They Don't Really Care Abt Us, & that blue sequined one for Billie Jean, then the white top over sequined gold pants & the last i could count was tt colourful skiny jacket (when he was hugging one of the dancers i think)... I lost track of a lot of clothes after a while... my eyes were hurting... hope I've helped solved the mystery a lil
Razz
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 3 versions of "THIS IS IT"?!   3 versions of "THIS IS IT"?! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 4:45 pm

Bravo, trinixdeangelov! cheers
Did you take a notepad with you and write down or something? Razz If no, you DO have an amazing memory!! It will probably take me 100 years to have all these details down. Haha, nonetheless... GREAT JOB!
I lol-ed at the part when you said he loved that red shirt so much. Yeah, now that you said that, I noticed it too. Razz There are alot of scenes of him with that red shirt on!
Whoa, hope that you did not lose concentration of the movie while keeping watch of the clothes and counting them. albino
Back to top Go down
skyenat
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN
skyenat

PostSubject: Re: 3 versions of "THIS IS IT"?!   3 versions of "THIS IS IT"?! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 4:53 pm

lol! I read or heard about it somewhere that he has tons of that same red shirt, something like that. But I can't remb where, though it's kinda cute if it really is!

one of the track pants/baggy pants' a Ed Hardy, I remb noticing it lol. Was thinking, "that's so Ed Hardy styled!" and true enough next shot showed the EdHardy words on it LOL

ahhh, I love talk about his clothes! Always so awesome all the time Razz
Back to top Go down
trinixdeangelov
Admin
trinixdeangelov

PostSubject: Re: 3 versions of "THIS IS IT"?!   3 versions of "THIS IS IT"?! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 5:03 pm

Nope, didn't have a notepad with me... I'm pretty gd with remembering stuff when I put my heart into it... & don't worry, I didn't lose concentration while at it... my brain seems to be able to split itself up.. I was able to focus on the clothes & also on the dance steps, the funny moments & of course I was also singing along to the songs Smile The only thing that made my eyes swim was trying to keep up with tt red shirt & also to keep track of what the rest were wearing to see if it was like the same day but he decided to change the top... As I did mention to Nat, it seemed as if Michael was really cold during the rehearsals 'cos most of the time, he was wearing 3 layers (@_@)

I didn't really like it when Michael was wearing tt black finned jacket & grey jacket over the red (oh yes, now I remember tt was somewhere in the beginning of TII.. LOLx) 'cos it emphasised on his scrawniness & it made my heart ache... he's gotten so small Sad My fave was his silk blue shirt, the red shirt (of course... LOLx), the popeye tee & of course what he wore when he came out for Thriller (frm under the spider) & during Earth Song... tt windbreaker combi with a tee under a shirt & baggy pants made him look a lil bigger, which wasn't so heartbreaking.
Back to top Go down
geraldine_okl
A die-hard MJ Fan
A die-hard MJ Fan
geraldine_okl

PostSubject: Re: 3 versions of "THIS IS IT"?!   3 versions of "THIS IS IT"?! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 7:19 pm

oh blimey. or probably they were still editing? but that's kinda impossible hmmmm...? since the movie's on the release already. unless they're talking about the dvd.

By the way, i saw this on facebook, posted by someone in regards to an additional footage of 2-3 hours in the DVD/Blu-ray.

here's the link to the article:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So maybe, we'll see the different versions all in this dvd?[
Back to top Go down
skyenat
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN
skyenat

PostSubject: Re: 3 versions of "THIS IS IT"?!   3 versions of "THIS IS IT"?! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 7:55 pm

Hmmm could be. I read somewhere they'll show the costumes he was suppose to wear as well in the dvd. argh, I had the link but lost it to my laptop hanging. hangs alot these few days. so annoying Razz
Back to top Go down
trinixdeangelov
Admin
trinixdeangelov

PostSubject: Re: 3 versions of "THIS IS IT"?!   3 versions of "THIS IS IT"?! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 2:09 am

I'll be checking out the supposed additional footage later on, to see what it is.... talking abt costumes, I like the new-look they were working on for the Bille Jean number Very Happy
Back to top Go down
skyenat
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN
skyenat

PostSubject: Re: 3 versions of "THIS IS IT"?!   3 versions of "THIS IS IT"?! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 4:32 am

haha okay (: Yeah OMG the glove must have been awesome with the remote control LEDS! Kinda hope the the extra footage that there's some clip of him trying it on
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 3 versions of "THIS IS IT"?!   3 versions of "THIS IS IT"?! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 5:58 am

Oh yeah! But it leads me thinking: If there are extra 2-3 hrs of footage, why not include them in the movie or better still, have a sequel to it? 2-3 hrs is enough to have a movie on its own! What a Face Haha..
Back to top Go down
trinixdeangelov
Admin
trinixdeangelov

PostSubject: Re: 3 versions of "THIS IS IT"?!   3 versions of "THIS IS IT"?! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 6:03 am

URGH!!! IF ONLY THE CONCERT HAD HAPPENED ALREADY!!!!!!!! Sad

Can't they just give us fans all the full 100 hrs of footage???? We want our Michael in his element!!
Back to top Go down
skyenat
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN
skyenat

PostSubject: Re: 3 versions of "THIS IS IT"?!   3 versions of "THIS IS IT"?! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 6:51 am

hahaha true for both, Imagine, if 100hours, it'll be a 50DVD set! or 40 at least LOL
Back to top Go down
skyenat
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN
skyenat

PostSubject: Re: 3 versions of "THIS IS IT"?!   3 versions of "THIS IS IT"?! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 6:52 am

hmmm actually not that long, like some of those asian dramas... haha around there
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 3 versions of "THIS IS IT"?!   3 versions of "THIS IS IT"?! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 7:55 am

Haha. Then we will have sleepless nights watching him in action. :p
Back to top Go down
trinixdeangelov
Admin
trinixdeangelov

PostSubject: Re: 3 versions of "THIS IS IT"?!   3 versions of "THIS IS IT"?! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 3:46 pm

I wouldn't mind... can slowly collect Very Happy
Back to top Go down
geraldine_okl
A die-hard MJ Fan
A die-hard MJ Fan
geraldine_okl

PostSubject: Re: 3 versions of "THIS IS IT"?!   3 versions of "THIS IS IT"?! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 5:54 pm

skyenat wrote:
hmmm actually not that long, like some of those asian dramas... haha around there

LOL. exactly. but that'll be a bless for us. heee....
i just hope it'll go on endlessly, then we'll never have to stop watching michael.
Back to top Go down
trinixdeangelov
Admin
trinixdeangelov

PostSubject: Re: 3 versions of "THIS IS IT"?!   3 versions of "THIS IS IT"?! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 3:26 am

Amen to tt!!!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 3 versions of "THIS IS IT"?!   3 versions of "THIS IS IT"?! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 5:24 am

Haha.. but its always unfortunate that good things always come to an end fast. I just flooded my mind by re-watching the Bucharest concert yesterday on DVD (for the 100th time). LOL.. Yeah, I didn't like the feeling when it ended! *pouts*
Back to top Go down
geraldine_okl
A die-hard MJ Fan
A die-hard MJ Fan
geraldine_okl

PostSubject: Re: 3 versions of "THIS IS IT"?!   3 versions of "THIS IS IT"?! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 5:50 pm

yeah catherine... what you've mentioned is so so so true. guess we'll only be able to feed on our 'hunger' for michael through videos, musics, etc.
Back to top Go down
trinixdeangelov
Admin
trinixdeangelov

PostSubject: Re: 3 versions of "THIS IS IT"?!   3 versions of "THIS IS IT"?! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 5:16 am

geraldine_okl wrote:
yeah catherine... what you've mentioned is so so so true. guess we'll only be able to feed on our 'hunger' for michael through videos, musics, etc.

& my dreams too Very Happy Hee
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3 versions of "THIS IS IT"?!   3 versions of "THIS IS IT"?! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3 versions of "THIS IS IT"?!
Page 1 of 1