Michael Jackson SG (Singapore) Fanclub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRegisterLog inLatest imagesSearch

[The Amazing MJ Tribute Artists/Impersonators] - Remembering Michael Jackson

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

[The Amazing MJ Tribute Artists/Impersonators] - Remembering Michael Jackson Empty
PostSubject: [The Amazing MJ Tribute Artists/Impersonators] - Remembering Michael Jackson   [The Amazing MJ Tribute Artists/Impersonators] - Remembering Michael Jackson Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 5:03 pm

I have always been fascinated by the skills of Michael's tribute artists and impesonators. They are amazing (although of course, not as amazing as the real deal. albino )
Here, I am going to share a list of some I had came across, together with some of my personal comments about them. If you know of any, feel free to add on to the list too! (Maybe some of us here can hire one of them over for events. HAHA)

They are not in any sequence/order.

1) Carlo Riley (Personally, I find that he is one of the more "natural-looking" ones, even without much makeup on.)
Details:
MySpace account: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Official Site: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[The Amazing MJ Tribute Artists/Impersonators] - Remembering Michael Jackson Carlo11

2) Edward Moss (I believe many Singapore MJ fans are familiar with this guy. He was the one who came over to Singapore @ Changi Airport for a 1-week tribute performance. Guess that he gained a lot of local fans here too! Haha)

[The Amazing MJ Tribute Artists/Impersonators] - Remembering Michael Jackson Edward10

3) E-Casanova (He is one of the more popular tribute artists whom many are familiar about. He definitely has an uncanny resemblance to the real deal!)
Details:
MySpace account: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[The Amazing MJ Tribute Artists/Impersonators] - Remembering Michael Jackson Casano10

4) Navi (One of the "self-proclaimed" #1 tribute artist. I heard that he underwent plastic surgery to look more like Michael.)
Details:
Official Site: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[The Amazing MJ Tribute Artists/Impersonators] - Remembering Michael Jackson Navi211

5) Lane Lassiter (Gosh. He definitely looks so much like the recent MJ. But there are not much news about him though.)
Details:
His MySpace Site: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[The Amazing MJ Tribute Artists/Impersonators] - Remembering Michael Jackson M_7c296cdfe587652ab2331131b2565624

6) Paul Rizzo (Quite a good dance-alike!)
Details:
His Youtube Site: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[The Amazing MJ Tribute Artists/Impersonators] - Remembering Michael Jackson Paul_r10

7) Michael Kiss
Details:
His Youtube Site: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[The Amazing MJ Tribute Artists/Impersonators] - Remembering Michael Jackson 610x

Cool Mikki Jay (One of the rare FEMALE impersonators! There were a lot of speculations about her gender. But there's no doubt about it. She's a female! Not only that, she sings LIVE! )
Details:
Her Youtube Site: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Her Official Site: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[The Amazing MJ Tribute Artists/Impersonators] - Remembering Michael Jackson Mikki_Michael_TH

9) William Hall (I thought he sounded close, if not exactly, like our MJ!)
Details:
An Impersonator Page: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

10) Earnest Valentino (I think he is very asian-looking! But nonetheless, quite a great lookalike and dancealike!)
Details:
His myspace page: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[The Amazing MJ Tribute Artists/Impersonators] - Remembering Michael Jackson Poster_valentino

11) Joby Rogers (I noticed him since quite some time ago on Youtube. It was said that he was even "personally approved" by Michael himself! And yes, he will be coming to Singapore to perform a 2-hour tribute concert @ Indoor Stadium. Do check it out at SISTIC site if you are interested.)
Details:
His Myspace page: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[The Amazing MJ Tribute Artists/Impersonators] - Remembering Michael Jackson Joby%20Rogers

I found this interesting picture on his myspace page, and wanted to share it on here. FAKE Vs. Real! Gosh.
[The Amazing MJ Tribute Artists/Impersonators] - Remembering Michael Jackson L_8fff77ec1a8d4b24a67675f0e2b1b511

12) Hector Jackson (Not very familiar with him though. Just came across him while I was googling for MJ's impersonators.)
Details: -

Facebook: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[The Amazing MJ Tribute Artists/Impersonators] - Remembering Michael Jackson 3806391807_9d0dd8182b

*Exclusive:
-Wylie Draper (I placed him under this exclusive section because he is neither an impersonator nor tribute artist, but an actor who managed to portray Michael VERY WELL in the movie "An American Dream". He played the role of Michael, and yes, HE DANCED AND LOOKED like him alot too, even when he was young! Unfortunately, he had passed away due to a terminal illness back in the 1990's, not long after he had completed the movie. R.I.P.

[The Amazing MJ Tribute Artists/Impersonators] - Remembering Michael Jackson 47717255
Back to top Go down
https://mjsgfanclub.forumotion.com
trinixdeangelov
Admin
trinixdeangelov

[The Amazing MJ Tribute Artists/Impersonators] - Remembering Michael Jackson Empty
PostSubject: Re: [The Amazing MJ Tribute Artists/Impersonators] - Remembering Michael Jackson   [The Amazing MJ Tribute Artists/Impersonators] - Remembering Michael Jackson Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 5:30 pm

I personally think tt Eddie & E'Cas are the closest in terms of looks & sounding like (Eddie I'm not too sure abt sounding like but hearing E'Cas made my hair stand... LOLx) but then I haven't heard William Hall yet, so maybe he's gd too.

Erm, with regards to Navi... I've seen his stuff on Youtube & I must say his proclamation is very misleading... 'cos if u really look at him when he's dressed up as MJ, he's nothing like Michael Shocked I had a shock of my life when I saw him esp after hearing his claim of being the best... what I saw was so not the best... moves maybe not too bad (bit he's kinda rigid, not very smooth) but looks? No way... LOLx... plus he also did appear on some show after Michael's passing & he doesn't look like he has undergone any surgery to look like Michael... he still looks a normal guy. I think those who are a lil more mixed-looking like Hispanic or mixed with other races tend to be able to pull off MJ easier.

Eddie & E'Cas have the jawline for sure & with Eddie's make-up skills, he's definitely my tops Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [The Amazing MJ Tribute Artists/Impersonators] - Remembering Michael Jackson   [The Amazing MJ Tribute Artists/Impersonators] - Remembering Michael Jackson Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 5:19 am

Oh yes, I agree with you. Eddie actually sounded like Michael (He can mimick his voice really well), but I got disappointed when I discovered some parodies he acted in which do not reflect very well on MJ. (I found one video of him disguising himself as MJ, and touching a woman's legs, gambling, moonwalking backwards to touch a lady's bum, throwing a baby etc. Evil or Very Mad) But other than that, I find that he makes a good MJ.

For E'Cas, YESS! He's the closest in terms of looks and sounding like too! His features are similar to our MJ. Thus, with the makeup on, he can look as close as 90% to the real deal. Its amazing.
I found this video in Youtube which interviews him. There is a part when he puts on the MJ makeup. My jaw literally dropped! tongue

And yeah, you are right about Navi's proclamation about being the best. Some people have been exclaiming how much he looks like MJ and all that, but I always disagree with them. There is no denial that he dances similiar MJ style, but not in terms of looks. The feeling is just different.

But probably we need to see them in real-life. So far, only managed to see Eddie in action @ Changi. Got to admit that I got shocked when I saw him appear. =p

Btw, check this video out: Judging that this guy is a pure caucasian and yet able to pull off the "recent MJ look" by makeup..Its incredible.

Back to top Go down
trinixdeangelov
Admin
trinixdeangelov

PostSubject: Re: [The Amazing MJ Tribute Artists/Impersonators] - Remembering Michael Jackson   [The Amazing MJ Tribute Artists/Impersonators] - Remembering Michael Jackson Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 6:49 am

But those stuff that Eddie did weren't to put MJ in a bad light (the Scary movie bits)... tt's what spoofs are... they make light-heart of serious moments... I just feel like ppl should just relax & not take everything so seriously... Eddie is an actor & so he just did his job... he had said he did nothing out of malice. Maybe ppl shouldn't judge his intentions so fast... remember what Michael has said too "Before you judge me, try hard to love me..." Parodies are not an insult... they're just spoofs... maybe Eddie might have turned 'em down instead but tt still doesn't make him bad or insensitive, really.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [The Amazing MJ Tribute Artists/Impersonators] - Remembering Michael Jackson   [The Amazing MJ Tribute Artists/Impersonators] - Remembering Michael Jackson Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 10:09 am

Yeah.. But I read somewhere that Michael was outraged when he found out something that Eddie did. Not sure if its a reliable source though. Nonetheless, Eddie must be busy doing tribute shows for him now. Very Happy At least, he still respected Michael when he declined to do a show about him lying inside a coffin and jumping out of it. But he eventually got forced into doing that for the sake of the contract. Not his fault thou for that.
Back to top Go down
trinixdeangelov
Admin
trinixdeangelov

PostSubject: Re: [The Amazing MJ Tribute Artists/Impersonators] - Remembering Michael Jackson   [The Amazing MJ Tribute Artists/Impersonators] - Remembering Michael Jackson Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 10:14 am

I think Eddie is just having it hard especially when he's with an entertainment company.. whatever it is, it's all in the past now... Eddie's been doing this for many yrs now, 14 if I remember correctly, so there must really be sth tt drives his passion for it. I know he enjoys meeting people & bringing 'em smiles as MJ.
Back to top Go down
skyenat
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN
skyenat

PostSubject: Re: [The Amazing MJ Tribute Artists/Impersonators] - Remembering Michael Jackson   [The Amazing MJ Tribute Artists/Impersonators] - Remembering Michael Jackson Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 10:34 am

agree about the company thing. I think sometimes he dosen't have the option, like for the coffin thing D: and yeah, so many years... unless he's bound by contract ( which I don't think so, I mean, for so many years.. I'm sure there's something that keeps him going...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [The Amazing MJ Tribute Artists/Impersonators] - Remembering Michael Jackson   [The Amazing MJ Tribute Artists/Impersonators] - Remembering Michael Jackson Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 1:16 pm

Yup.. Sometimes he doesn't have much of a choice too... He admitted that he found MJ scary when he was young, but grew out of it. Well, MJ must have inspired him in many ways that keep him going! Its not easy being an impersonator too.
Back to top Go down
Kenshee
A Loyal MJ Fan
A Loyal MJ Fan
Kenshee

PostSubject: Re: [The Amazing MJ Tribute Artists/Impersonators] - Remembering Michael Jackson   [The Amazing MJ Tribute Artists/Impersonators] - Remembering Michael Jackson Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 9:19 am

To me earnest valentino pretty much look like mj too..and also a great dancer! Is there any recent videos about him?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [The Amazing MJ Tribute Artists/Impersonators] - Remembering Michael Jackson   [The Amazing MJ Tribute Artists/Impersonators] - Remembering Michael Jackson Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 11:03 am

Hey Kenshee,
I tried to search for recent videos of him, but don't think he has any recent performances leh.. Or yet to be uploaded cos there are news that he performed at Romania during the month of September.
But do check this interview out: (He's very soft spoken too!)

Earth Song: (Michael gave him 2 thumbs up! AAAH!)
Back to top Go down
Kenshee
A Loyal MJ Fan
A Loyal MJ Fan
Kenshee

PostSubject: Re: [The Amazing MJ Tribute Artists/Impersonators] - Remembering Michael Jackson   [The Amazing MJ Tribute Artists/Impersonators] - Remembering Michael Jackson Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 11:32 am

Haha thanks for the vids, ya no one seems to upload his recent performances although i hope someone does soon. Earnest is one of my fav impersonators and how blessed of him during his show michael was there watching him performed and even met him in person also.

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [The Amazing MJ Tribute Artists/Impersonators] - Remembering Michael Jackson   [The Amazing MJ Tribute Artists/Impersonators] - Remembering Michael Jackson Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 12:03 pm

Yeah... I just watched some videos of him, and yeah, it was fascinating! Michael will be so proud of him indeed. Watching him makes me miss Michael so much...Its like we are able to see "him". pale
Back to top Go down
Kenshee
A Loyal MJ Fan
A Loyal MJ Fan
Kenshee

PostSubject: Re: [The Amazing MJ Tribute Artists/Impersonators] - Remembering Michael Jackson   [The Amazing MJ Tribute Artists/Impersonators] - Remembering Michael Jackson Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 12:15 pm

Yes..i feel the same way too.
Back to top Go down
lovethatAngel
A Hardcore MJ Fan
A Hardcore MJ Fan
lovethatAngel

PostSubject: Re: [The Amazing MJ Tribute Artists/Impersonators] - Remembering Michael Jackson   [The Amazing MJ Tribute Artists/Impersonators] - Remembering Michael Jackson Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 5:03 am

Uhhh, so personally dont really like Edward Moss though, but I love his performance, better than Joby Rogers I guess. hahaha, kinda offended by Scary Movie 3's bit, Scary movie 4's bit was fine ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [The Amazing MJ Tribute Artists/Impersonators] - Remembering Michael Jackson   [The Amazing MJ Tribute Artists/Impersonators] - Remembering Michael Jackson Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[The Amazing MJ Tribute Artists/Impersonators] - Remembering Michael Jackson
Page 1 of 1