Michael Jackson SG (Singapore) Fanclub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRegisterLog inLatest imagesSearch

My bao bei MJ collection! :P

Go down 
+3
radyalovesmjj
trinixdeangelov
cindy_leo86
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Star
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN
Star

My bao bei MJ collection! :P - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My bao bei MJ collection! :P   My bao bei MJ collection! :P - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 2:01 pm

i've never seen it before.. i'm sure its really WOW!
Back to top Go down
cindy_leo86
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN
cindy_leo86

PostSubject: Re: My bao bei MJ collection! :P   My bao bei MJ collection! :P - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 2:49 pm

skyenat wrote:
trinixdeangelov wrote:
skyenat wrote:
trinixdeangelov wrote:
Admin wrote:
LOL. Wah, but Auntie Marie, I thought you have Moonwalker already? Still the same content wad. Hahaha. Except don't have the 2009 add-ons at the back, and the wordings did not indicate his death date. (1958 --- )

@ Cindy: Considering to. Actually not because of anything negative, but I feel that those MJ stuff deserve a better owner (like trinix, for example. LOL). I'm actually not those "collector type" of person, and will end up neglecting even the greatest treasures in my house. I just realized it a few days ago...And even if I spend a huge amount on it, I don't think it will be of use since I'm not a good collector to begin with. Hahaha. BUT.. BUT ... BUT still, I have to make sure the next owner takes great care of the stuff! Like if some random Garung Guni wants it and offers me a good price, I won't sell lor. Cos I know it will not be in good hands. Mad

Yeah, it doesn't matter if it has the same words, pictures... it's still different 'cos tt one is the 1988 edition... it's the 1st & tt to me is sth in itself.
Esp the back of the book cover! OMG

I dunno abt the back cover but if it's the 1st edition, tt's all tt matters to me, really... It's a collector's thing.
Yeah I know what you mean. But the reason I prefer the first over the second's the back cover - gold MJ sig on the back. super super nice! That's also one reason I haven't gotten it yet, cause I'm trying to just get the first version haha Razz

I see. I have yet to purchase "Moonwalk" cause have spend quite a lot of money on MJ collection. Hmm.. Last month i did saw a displayed copy at kino front counter (Was placed at the wall), it was a hard cover. Then last week i went to Kino again, this time round the cover was slightly different from the 1st "Moonwalk" i saw. So even now if we purchase from Kino, it is not possible to get the 1st version right?
Back to top Go down
skyenat
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN
skyenat

PostSubject: Re: My bao bei MJ collection! :P   My bao bei MJ collection! :P - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 2:54 pm

cindy_leo86 wrote:
skyenat wrote:
trinixdeangelov wrote:
skyenat wrote:
trinixdeangelov wrote:
Admin wrote:
LOL. Wah, but Auntie Marie, I thought you have Moonwalker already? Still the same content wad. Hahaha. Except don't have the 2009 add-ons at the back, and the wordings did not indicate his death date. (1958 --- )

@ Cindy: Considering to. Actually not because of anything negative, but I feel that those MJ stuff deserve a better owner (like trinix, for example. LOL). I'm actually not those "collector type" of person, and will end up neglecting even the greatest treasures in my house. I just realized it a few days ago...And even if I spend a huge amount on it, I don't think it will be of use since I'm not a good collector to begin with. Hahaha. BUT.. BUT ... BUT still, I have to make sure the next owner takes great care of the stuff! Like if some random Garung Guni wants it and offers me a good price, I won't sell lor. Cos I know it will not be in good hands. Mad

Yeah, it doesn't matter if it has the same words, pictures... it's still different 'cos tt one is the 1988 edition... it's the 1st & tt to me is sth in itself.

I dunno abt the back cover but if it's the 1st edition, tt's all tt matters to me, really... It's a collector's thing.
Yeah I know what you mean. But the reason I prefer the first over the second's the back cover - gold MJ sig on the back. super super nice! That's also one reason I haven't gotten it yet, cause I'm trying to just get the first version haha Razz

I see. I have yet to purchase "Moonwalk" cause have spend quite a lot of money on MJ collection. Hmm.. Last month i did saw a displayed copy at kino front counter (Was placed at the wall), it was a hard cover. Then last week i went to Kino again, this time round the cover was slightly different from the 1st "Moonwalk" i saw. So even now if we purchase from Kino, it is not possible to get the 1st version right?
yep. but those ain't first version also. First version was discountinued many many years ago....
Back to top Go down
cindy_leo86
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN
cindy_leo86

PostSubject: Re: My bao bei MJ collection! :P   My bao bei MJ collection! :P - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 2:57 pm

skyenat wrote:
cindy_leo86 wrote:
skyenat wrote:
trinixdeangelov wrote:
skyenat wrote:
trinixdeangelov wrote:
Admin wrote:

yep. but those ain't first version also. First version was discountinued many many years ago....

I see. Kind of confuse cause for twice i saw the "Moonwalk" are different.
Back to top Go down
skyenat
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN
skyenat

PostSubject: Re: My bao bei MJ collection! :P   My bao bei MJ collection! :P - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 3:01 pm

Star wrote:
i've never seen it before.. i'm sure its really WOW!

My bao bei MJ collection! :P - Page 3 Michael_Jackson_Autobiography_Book_Moon_Walk_Open_without_

here. Reason why I want the first press one hahaha Razz curious, Cat, can you remb how much you got it for? Off ebay?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

DTD first press as well. Want both first press super badly! Razz hehe

Last edited by skyenat on Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
skyenat
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN
skyenat

PostSubject: Re: My bao bei MJ collection! :P   My bao bei MJ collection! :P - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 3:05 pm

cindy_leo86 wrote:
skyenat wrote:
cindy_leo86 wrote:
skyenat wrote:
trinixdeangelov wrote:
skyenat wrote:
trinixdeangelov wrote:
Admin wrote:

I see. Kind of confuse cause for twice i saw the "Moonwalk" are different.
what was on the cover? One's hardcover other's softcover?

Last edited by skyenat on Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
trinixdeangelov
Admin
trinixdeangelov

PostSubject: Re: My bao bei MJ collection! :P   My bao bei MJ collection! :P - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 3:10 pm

Nat, u were talking abt DTD but did MW have the same signature at the back as well??
Back to top Go down
skyenat
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN
skyenat

PostSubject: Re: My bao bei MJ collection! :P   My bao bei MJ collection! :P - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 3:14 pm

trinixdeangelov wrote:
Nat, u were talking abt DTD but did MW have the same signature at the back as well??
Whoops okay I think my posts got confusing lol. I ment I'm trying to get both first press for that reason. yeah both have Sig if I'm not wrong, lemme find pic
Back to top Go down
skyenat
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN
skyenat

PostSubject: Re: My bao bei MJ collection! :P   My bao bei MJ collection! :P - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 3:22 pm

skyenat wrote:
trinixdeangelov wrote:
Whoops okay I think my posts got confusing lol. I ment I'm trying to get both first press for that reason. yeah both have Sig if I'm not wrong, lemme find pic

::edited post above:: hope it's less confusing now! Razz
Back to top Go down
trinixdeangelov
Admin
trinixdeangelov

PostSubject: Re: My bao bei MJ collection! :P   My bao bei MJ collection! :P - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 3:25 pm

LMAO
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My bao bei MJ collection! :P   My bao bei MJ collection! :P - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 3:34 pm

Ahh... To clarify things a little,

The one with the golden signature at the cover is the U.S version. (The one published by Double Day) The one I got is the U.K version, without the signature, but there are prints inside that indicate its the 1988 first version. Smile
But regardless whether its the U.S or U.K version, they have quite high values in the market now for the fans. There was one I saw which was sold at over US$1,500, which I think that seller is insane. HAHAHA.

Mine is still in good condition 1988 version. After much consideration, I am selling it. Only exclusively selling it in here for you guys, am not putting it up on eBay cos I dun want to sell to random strangers. Mad I trust that you people can take care of the book. Haha.

OK, starting bid $60. No reserve price. LOL. Its a good deal for you guys since there will be no shipping fees included (which I paid alot MORE than the book itself. I ended up paying alot for the book because I actually mistook British pounds for U.S currency. #(*$#($ Silly me.) It used to be sold in U.K stores 20 years ago, so its a vintage item! Whoever wins my bid better take care of it. Twisted Evil Trinix, if no one bids for it, you can have it at the price.

P/S: In case any fans pass by this page and hating me for this, just want to clarify that I am still a major fan...These stuff really deserve a better owner. Trust me, if I don't sell some of them away soon, they will end up going missing...That was what happened to my past treasures. #)($*)#(*($#
Back to top Go down
https://mjsgfanclub.forumotion.com
Star
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN
Star

PostSubject: Re: My bao bei MJ collection! :P   My bao bei MJ collection! :P - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 3:56 pm

gosh.. how many times are you duplicating this post? LOL.. i'm in no status to bid.. hee.. i have one though not 1988 ver, i'm happy enough.. rare collection deserves good owner.. i agree.. =)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My bao bei MJ collection! :P   My bao bei MJ collection! :P - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 1:13 am

Oh my goodness.. Sorry for the duplications. I have deleted them. It was due to my network problem yesterday.. #(*$)# Anyway, trinix and nat couldn't open this thread as well. And all of us are facing problems from Singtel. Ahh!

And no worries, Star.. Smile Our love for Michael is bigger than any collectibles and collection. Thats the most important thing! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Star
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN
Star

PostSubject: Re: My bao bei MJ collection! :P   My bao bei MJ collection! :P - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 7:06 am

yes.. i was thinking if i should stop too.. lol.. mine starhub.. no problem!!
Back to top Go down
trinixdeangelov
Admin
trinixdeangelov

PostSubject: Re: My bao bei MJ collection! :P   My bao bei MJ collection! :P - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 12:45 pm

It doesn't matter to me whether USA or UK version... I don't have to have the one with the signature 'cos I know it's impossible to get tt version... as long as it's the 1988 version, I am happy with it...

Whatever it is, I won't be bidding for it... not that I won't pay more for it but if there's another collector who really wants it, then I'll let it pass. How much exactly did u pay for the bk & shipping, Cat? It's only right to buy it over frm u at least close to the price u paid... no point in making u make a lost for it, really... at least help u recover half of the shipping or sth.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My bao bei MJ collection! :P   My bao bei MJ collection! :P - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 3:24 pm

Haha... Okay, its a deal then. Because I am NOT putting it up on other auction sites for bidding. Ahh... Its alright about the book and shipping lah. I got it at a higher price than I expected that time cos I thought it was shipped from U.S, but turned out its from U.K. But don't worry, its close to the price I paid. If I remember correctly, the shipping ALONE cost me approx $30+ near $40 with INSURANCE. So you can imagine how ridiculous the shipping from U.K to here is. As long as someone can take good care of the book can already.
That book is worth over $100 now I guess. So you better take care ah. We can seal the deal tomorrow if you want. I'll bring it and ensure you keep it in a good place. Hahaha Laughing
Back to top Go down
trinixdeangelov
Admin
trinixdeangelov

PostSubject: Re: My bao bei MJ collection! :P   My bao bei MJ collection! :P - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 5:16 pm

Admin wrote:
Haha... Okay, its a deal then. Because I am NOT putting it up on other auction sites for bidding. Ahh... Its alright about the book and shipping lah. I got it at a higher price than I expected that time cos I thought it was shipped from U.S, but turned out its from U.K. But don't worry, its close to the price I paid. If I remember correctly, the shipping ALONE cost me approx $30+ near $40 with INSURANCE. So you can imagine how ridiculous the shipping from U.K to here is. As long as someone can take good care of the book can already.
That book is worth over $100 now I guess. So you better take care ah. We can seal the deal tomorrow if you want. I'll bring it and ensure you keep it in a good place. Hahaha Laughing

I'll definitely take very gd care of it... If no one else asks u for it, then I'll take it Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My bao bei MJ collection! :P   My bao bei MJ collection! :P - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 5:39 pm

Haha.. most of my friends, even if they are collectors, are not going that deep into the collection. (collecting earlier vintage stuff etc) I think most probably u will get it. Its really rare to find collectors like you now.
Back to top Go down
trinixdeangelov
Admin
trinixdeangelov

PostSubject: Re: My bao bei MJ collection! :P   My bao bei MJ collection! :P - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 5:05 pm

Admin wrote:
Haha.. most of my friends, even if they are collectors, are not going that deep into the collection. (collecting earlier vintage stuff etc) I think most probably u will get it. Its really rare to find collectors like you now.

Aww shucks... thnx lah Smile
Back to top Go down
cindy_leo86
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN
cindy_leo86

PostSubject: Re: My bao bei MJ collection! :P   My bao bei MJ collection! :P - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 2:04 pm

Today i went shopping with my mum at IMM as she said we have not been there for a long time. At the same time, i'm thinking maybe i'm able to find some stuff related to Michael. Just have a feeling that there will definitely have some shops selling his stuff. So as we shop around, 2 of us saw......

MJ Puzzle!!

Back view of the puzzle box
Back to top Go down
trinixdeangelov
Admin
trinixdeangelov

PostSubject: Re: My bao bei MJ collection! :P   My bao bei MJ collection! :P - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 3:05 pm

cheers
Back to top Go down
cindy_leo86
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN
cindy_leo86

PostSubject: Re: My bao bei MJ collection! :P   My bao bei MJ collection! :P - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 3:09 pm

oh my.... Soon I'm going to be bankrupt. I can't control myself, so in the end i bought it Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
trinixdeangelov
Admin
trinixdeangelov

PostSubject: Re: My bao bei MJ collection! :P   My bao bei MJ collection! :P - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 3:31 pm

cindy_leo86 wrote:
oh my.... Soon I'm going to be bankrupt. I can't control myself, so in the end i bought it Rolling Eyes

How expensive was it?? Can't really see the price tag clearly... Hee
Back to top Go down
cindy_leo86
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN
cindy_leo86

PostSubject: Re: My bao bei MJ collection! :P   My bao bei MJ collection! :P - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 3:41 pm

trinixdeangelov wrote:
cindy_leo86 wrote:

$99.80 My mum is very happy, cause recently i have bought and order a lot from ebay. Actually altogether there are 4 designs for the MJ Puzzle but if i'm going to buy all, it will be $400 Shocked
Back to top Go down
trinixdeangelov
Admin
trinixdeangelov

PostSubject: Re: My bao bei MJ collection! :P   My bao bei MJ collection! :P - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 8:32 pm

cindy_leo86 wrote:
trinixdeangelov wrote:
cindy_leo86 wrote:

$99.80 My mum is very happy, cause recently i have bought and order a lot from ebay. Actually altogether there are 4 designs for the MJ Puzzle but if i'm going to buy all, it will be $400 Shocked

Dang... these ppl sure are cashing in on Michael, man Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My bao bei MJ collection! :P   My bao bei MJ collection! :P - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My bao bei MJ collection! :P
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next