Michael Jackson SG (Singapore) Fanclub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRegisterLog inLatest imagesSearch

Michael Jackson Wanted To Work With... ...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
trinixdeangelov
Admin
trinixdeangelov

Michael Jackson Wanted To Work With... ... Empty
PostSubject: Michael Jackson Wanted To Work With... ...   Michael Jackson Wanted To Work With... ... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 2:49 pm

Michael Jackson loved working with other artists. He and Lionel Richie wrote and performed "We Are The World," the song that brought together dozens of artists and raised millions to fight famine in Africa. Throughout his career, Jackson worked on separate projects with the likes of Paul McCartney, Diana Ross, and Stevie Wonder.

But there is one artist he never had a chance to work with-Lady Gaga.

Jackson wanted to invite the "Paparazzi" singer to join him on stage during his "This Is It" tour, his former choreographer Travis Payne told RafflesEntertainment. When Payne asked Jackson if he wanted to feature other artists in the show, the late King Of Pop loved the idea.

"Sure, they can all come as long as their schedules [permit]," Payne recalled Jackson saying.

Payne suggested Janet, Whitney Houston, Diana Ross, Mariah Carey, Missy Elliott, Usher, Justin Timberlake, Celine Dion, Sting, Seal, Bono, and Tina Turner.

Jackson was pleased with the list. But when Payne asked if there was anyone else he wanted to work with, Jackson named the 2009 breakthrough artist.

"[Michael] literally told me, 'You got to get into her,'" Payne said. "'She's good.'"

Jackson's admiration for Lady Gaga got Payne interested. "I started listening to her music more and going onto YouTube and looking at her performances, and I was like, 'You're right.'"

Ironically, in November, Payne received a call from Lady Gaga.He initially thought getting the call was strange, but thought of his conversation with Jackson.

"I told her the story," Payne said. "Of course she got moved by it."

Payne ended up directing and choreographing Lady Gaga's performance on the American Music Awards, as well as her sets on "Ellen," "The Jay Leno Show," and "X-Factor."
Back to top Go down
trinixdeangelov
Admin
trinixdeangelov

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson Wanted To Work With... ...   Michael Jackson Wanted To Work With... ... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 2:50 pm

Listen to tt interview on Raffles van Exel interview Travis Payne...

Gosh, I cried upon hearing Michael's statement of "the fans were always on the forefront of this entire process" with regards to the creating of This Is It
Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
trinixdeangelov
Admin
trinixdeangelov

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson Wanted To Work With... ...   Michael Jackson Wanted To Work With... ... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 2:54 pm

The rest of the interview... I've only watched Part 1 & 2 & had to stop 'cos Part 2 was making me cry so hard towards the end, hearing tt Michael was thinking of the nxt block of shows moving to another part of the world.... With tt, I was only thinking "OMG, Michael might have came to Asia with This Is It!!! Crying or Very sad

PART 1

PART 2 - Warning... Travis talks abt tt day on June 25th

PART 3

PART 4
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson Wanted To Work With... ...   Michael Jackson Wanted To Work With... ... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Michael Jackson Wanted To Work With... ...
Page 1 of 1