Michael Jackson SG (Singapore) Fanclub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRegisterLog inLatest imagesSearch

MICHAEL JACKSON WAS DUE TO STUDY FINE ART AT UNIVERSITY

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
radyalovesmjj
A die-hard MJ Fan
A die-hard MJ Fan
radyalovesmjj

MICHAEL JACKSON WAS DUE TO STUDY FINE ART AT UNIVERSITY Empty
PostSubject: MICHAEL JACKSON WAS DUE TO STUDY FINE ART AT UNIVERSITY   MICHAEL JACKSON WAS DUE TO STUDY FINE ART AT UNIVERSITY Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 10:23 am

POP legend Michael Jackson was planning to start a university course in fine art after his daughter Paris begged him to follow his dream of studying.

Michael wanted to head back to the classroom to become a qualified art historian.

But it was 11-year-old Paris who gave her famous dad the push he needed to study.

Last May he got his assistants to contact both Christie’s Education and Sotheby’s Institute of Art, both in New York, with a view to starting a year-long course in September next year.

Last night a source close to the star, who died in June, aged 50, said: “It was all because of Paris that Michael decided to follow his dream.

“She gave him the confidence to finally contact the colleges that are attached to the famous auction houses.”

The course Jackson had pencilled in was called “Certificate in Modern Art, Connoisseurship and the History of the Art Market”.

The source added: “Michael regretted the fact that he never got the chance to go to university because his music career started so early.

“But he made up for it by reading widely. He absolutely devoured books on art and crafts and was an avid collector. He had an insatiable thirst for knowledge.

“People don’t realise but Michael was surrounded by a whole gang of academic friends. Many of his closest associates had nothing to do with showbiz.

“He was also inspired by a motivation to prove his father wrong, as Joe Jackson constantly accused Michael of being stupid. Most of all, Michael wanted to be an inspiration to his own kids.”

source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (By Dominik Lemanski, 29 November 2009)

hmm... i dunno how true is the source above, but if michael DID really dreamed of furthering his studies then i'm proud of him. i mean, why not. age is not a barrier for further education. i believe he could do well in academic terms too and graduate with honours, considering his vast knowledge and experience in the entertainment industry as well as being an arts and pop culture aficionado.

study study
Back to top Go down
http://2faces2worlds.blogspot.com
trinixdeangelov
Admin
trinixdeangelov

PostSubject: Re: MICHAEL JACKSON WAS DUE TO STUDY FINE ART AT UNIVERSITY   MICHAEL JACKSON WAS DUE TO STUDY FINE ART AT UNIVERSITY Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 12:18 pm

Michael is definitely not stupid or dumb... I don't & have never understood why there were ppl who thought he was... that he couldn't write his own songs, music.. couldn't be philosophical, that he couldn't really read much or even express thoughts proper... tt he was just gd for singing & dancing. Credit was nv given to him when it mattered.

The man knew a lot abt art especially his favourite, Michelangelo (his love for art came about thru' Diana Ross.. Michael also mentioned that he love classical music - Debussy was his craze & then there was Copland, one of his all-time favourite composers. He also admired the likes of Rodgers and Hammerstein, Lerner and Loewe.

Michael's work in his book 'Dancing the Dream' have proven he was a poetic man and knew his way with words.

As in Michael's own words, "People used to underestimate my ability as a songwriter. They didn't think of me as a songwriter, so when I started coming up with songs, they'd look at me like: "Who really wrote that?" I don't know what they must have thought - that I had someone back in the garage who was writing them for me? But tim cleared up those misconceptions. You always have to prove yourself to people and so many of them don't want to believe."

Even until his last final years, I've always felt like Michael still had to prove himself, which really annoyed me deeply... that people can be so judgemental and narrow-minded & always think the worse of others.
Back to top Go down
Star
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN
Star

PostSubject: Re: MICHAEL JACKSON WAS DUE TO STUDY FINE ART AT UNIVERSITY   MICHAEL JACKSON WAS DUE TO STUDY FINE ART AT UNIVERSITY Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 9:17 am

i think those people has nothing better to do.. well.. they should take a look at themselves first before they judge or doubt one's capability.. If Michael was dumb, he would not be called GENIUS! if they think singing and dancing is that easy, try to sing and dance like michael.. i doubt anyone can do it like our KING OF POP.. we believe in you MICHAEL!

Learning is life-long.. =) how i wish he had the chance to further his studies..
Back to top Go down
trinixdeangelov
Admin
trinixdeangelov

PostSubject: Re: MICHAEL JACKSON WAS DUE TO STUDY FINE ART AT UNIVERSITY   MICHAEL JACKSON WAS DUE TO STUDY FINE ART AT UNIVERSITY Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 9:39 am

Star wrote:
i think those people has nothing better to do.. well.. they should take a look at themselves first before they judge or doubt one's capability.. If Michael was dumb, he would not be called GENIUS! if they think singing and dancing is that easy, try to sing and dance like michael.. i doubt anyone can do it like our KING OF POP.. we believe in you MICHAEL!

Learning is life-long.. =) how i wish he had the chance to further his studies..

Me too, Star... me too =/
Back to top Go down
Star
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN
Star

PostSubject: Re: MICHAEL JACKSON WAS DUE TO STUDY FINE ART AT UNIVERSITY   MICHAEL JACKSON WAS DUE TO STUDY FINE ART AT UNIVERSITY Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 10:14 am

trinixdeangelov wrote:
Star wrote:

to further your studies?? of course you can!! =)
Back to top Go down
trinixdeangelov
Admin
trinixdeangelov

PostSubject: Re: MICHAEL JACKSON WAS DUE TO STUDY FINE ART AT UNIVERSITY   MICHAEL JACKSON WAS DUE TO STUDY FINE ART AT UNIVERSITY Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 3:18 pm

Star wrote:
trinixdeangelov wrote:
Star wrote:

I wanna a BA in Early Childhood but everywhere I check they say must have Dip in EC first... even if I've another Dip no pt esp when the Dip is in Theatre Arts... my yrs of work experience also no pt... Sigh... my dad's like "Waste time to do another Dip."
Back to top Go down
Star
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN
Star

PostSubject: Re: MICHAEL JACKSON WAS DUE TO STUDY FINE ART AT UNIVERSITY   MICHAEL JACKSON WAS DUE TO STUDY FINE ART AT UNIVERSITY Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 5:02 pm

trinixdeangelov wrote:
Star wrote:
trinixdeangelov wrote:
Star wrote:

I wanna a BA in Early Childhood but everywhere I check they say must have Dip in EC first... even if I've another Dip no pt esp when the Dip is in Theatre Arts... my yrs of work experience also no pt... Sigh... my dad's like "Waste time to do another Dip."

o.. you like kids too.. i think if its really what you want, pursue it.. my nursing din come easy too.. with objections from parents and relatives.. well.. really got to decide what you want in life.. =)i'm not telling you to be rebellious! lol.. but there are definitely alot to consider.. family planning and stuff.. yup.. take it easy yeah..
Back to top Go down
geraldine_okl
A die-hard MJ Fan
A die-hard MJ Fan
geraldine_okl

PostSubject: Re: MICHAEL JACKSON WAS DUE TO STUDY FINE ART AT UNIVERSITY   MICHAEL JACKSON WAS DUE TO STUDY FINE ART AT UNIVERSITY Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 5:31 pm

we just gotta follow our heart....
but it's ain't easy in a way or another, it seems to be. =(
guess there's just too many factors to be considered....
Back to top Go down
trinixdeangelov
Admin
trinixdeangelov

PostSubject: Re: MICHAEL JACKSON WAS DUE TO STUDY FINE ART AT UNIVERSITY   MICHAEL JACKSON WAS DUE TO STUDY FINE ART AT UNIVERSITY Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 5:52 am

Yeah... I went with my heart to do Theatre Arts 'cos I really like it but unfortunuately being here in Sg, u've gotta be darn practical & at 23yrs then, I wanted to do my degree in Theatre Arts, majoring in acting but there wasn't anything offered here in Sg... my father stamped down on any wish to study overseas, so I was stuck here with jsut a Dip in T.A...

Add to tt, going for auditions was terrible, look at our market here, it's always the same o' faces or ppl who have experience frm overseas or frm young... ppl like me nv stand a chance... so when work beckoned, I took it even tho' doing theatre work was my 1st passion, & children 2nd. Now with work, I can't find time out to dabble in theatre work tt I miss so much 'cept for once this yr when a grp of friends rm work & I did sth for 2 nights... it felt gd threading the boards again. But with beign married & a new home coming up, following my heart's kinda nv gonna be an option for me, it seems.

I'm already 27, doing another Dip & then a degree will be hard, esp if I have a kid in the nxt 2-3 yrs... sigh... tt's life I guess.
Back to top Go down
Star
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN
Star

PostSubject: Re: MICHAEL JACKSON WAS DUE TO STUDY FINE ART AT UNIVERSITY   MICHAEL JACKSON WAS DUE TO STUDY FINE ART AT UNIVERSITY Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 8:21 am

trinixdeangelov wrote:
Yeah... I went with my heart to do Theatre Arts 'cos I really like it but unfortunuately being here in Sg, u've gotta be darn practical & at 23yrs then, I wanted to do my degree in Theatre Arts, majoring in acting but there wasn't anything offered here in Sg... my father stamped down on any wish to study overseas, so I was stuck here with jsut a Dip in T.A...

Add to tt, going for auditions was terrible, look at our market here, it's always the same o' faces or ppl who have experience frm overseas or frm young... ppl like me nv stand a chance... so when work beckoned, I took it even tho' doing theatre work was my 1st passion, & children 2nd. Now with work, I can't find time out to dabble in theatre work tt I miss so much 'cept for once this yr when a grp of friends rm work & I did sth for 2 nights... it felt gd threading the boards again. But with beign married & a new home coming up, following my heart's kinda nv gonna be an option for me, it seems.

I'm already 27, doing another Dip & then a degree will be hard, esp if I have a kid in the nxt 2-3 yrs... sigh... tt's life I guess.

unfortunately, life's like that.. i think i'll face the same problem as you in a few more years.. its not as easy to follow one's heart.. we need to put people around us into consideration too.. Especially, when it comes to family.. cos everything seemed to be equally important..
Back to top Go down
trinixdeangelov
Admin
trinixdeangelov

PostSubject: Re: MICHAEL JACKSON WAS DUE TO STUDY FINE ART AT UNIVERSITY   MICHAEL JACKSON WAS DUE TO STUDY FINE ART AT UNIVERSITY Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 9:40 am

Star wrote:
trinixdeangelov wrote:

unfortunately, life's like that.. i think i'll face the same problem as you in a few more years.. its not as easy to follow one's heart.. we need to put people around us into consideration too.. Especially, when it comes to family.. cos everything seemed to be equally important..

Similar to Michael... it's always family... as Michael said, "That's what you get for being so nice."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MICHAEL JACKSON WAS DUE TO STUDY FINE ART AT UNIVERSITY   MICHAEL JACKSON WAS DUE TO STUDY FINE ART AT UNIVERSITY Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MICHAEL JACKSON WAS DUE TO STUDY FINE ART AT UNIVERSITY
Page 1 of 1