Michael Jackson SG (Singapore) Fanclub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRegisterLog inLatest imagesSearch

When was the first time you 'saw' Michael?

Go down 
+6
skyenat
Admin
trinixdeangelov
Star
radyalovesmjj
icy55
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
icy55
A die-hard MJ Fan
A die-hard MJ Fan
icy55

When was the first time you 'saw' Michael? Empty
PostSubject: When was the first time you 'saw' Michael?   When was the first time you 'saw' Michael? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 12:41 am

My virgin experience with Michael was on..... Channel 5... LOL!

I remembered very vividly that Ch 5 was showing Michael's HIStory concert, and as they unveil the statue, people started crying and fainting. That time I was only I think 8? I was thinking to myself, GOSH, these people must be MAD like seriously, it's only a singer, Michael Jackson. lol! At that time, it didnt hit me that he was indeed the biggest star and the undisputed KING-OF-POP. king Which by the way, he still is... After that, my school started singing his song "Heal the world" for whatever function I cant remember. Now that I am older, I finally see the greater meaning in his songs... Very Happy

Anyway Michael, you were the FIRST singer I had known, I'm kinda disappointed with myself as to why didnt I appreciate you more, but instead, Ricky Martin (whom is still freaking hot!) captured my attention later on when I was older. At some point, I would take Michael for granted, thinking that he will ALWAYS be there. He may not be on the news, but he was somewhere around. It never occurred to me that even heroes will falter, they will bleed, cry and die. Michael, my childhood belongs to you and Ricky Martin (sorry guys I couldnt exclude my shake-your-bon-bon guy)!

What about you guys, how did you came to know about Michael Jackson! Other than the fact that everyone knows him! haha! Laughing
Back to top Go down
radyalovesmjj
A die-hard MJ Fan
A die-hard MJ Fan
radyalovesmjj

PostSubject: Re: When was the first time you 'saw' Michael?   When was the first time you 'saw' Michael? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 1:12 am

i was smitten by him when i was still a toddler, when i could finally walk and say baby words. saw him on tv performing live and instantly i loved him. i remember my parents bought KFC and they had this black water bottle bearing the album cover of Dangerous. can't remember if i ever drank from that bottle or even gave up my milk bottle for that mj bottle.

now i dunno where that bottle is. i think it's thrown away already. wish i could keep it for nostalgia's sake. same goes for the Ghosts movie which mom recorded it on videotape. could've save that either so i could convert it to dvd format.
Back to top Go down
http://2faces2worlds.blogspot.com
Star
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN
Star

PostSubject: Re: When was the first time you 'saw' Michael?   When was the first time you 'saw' Michael? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 1:31 am

woo.. haha.. i sort of like your first line! michael does shake alot too! lol

I noticed him while watching the first free willy movie i guess.. i was like cool.. Michael sang the theme song 'Will you be there'! His vocals were great! the song and the movie just make you want to cry... I love the movie so much cos of the killer shark.. lol. so though Michael sang the song, i was not really into him.. Like what icey said, i did not know he was so famous! Even my parents wanted to watch his concert but because i was too young! gosh! i missed the chance.. argh..how i wish i was born earlier!
then when all the charges and interviews came i knew him better not for being a pedophile or a guy who wanted be white but a guy who is so sweet and kind. I do ask my mum why does he turn so white and whats with all the plastic surgery.. Surprisingly, i was glad that i was not influenced by the filthy press and Bashir's interview.. Bashir was not that successful in ruining the image of this man in my heart! on contrary, i thought he was quite a poor pretty young thing who got accused!

Sometimes i feel that he should migrate to singapore where all races live together with minimal discrimination. Suits him huh! hee..

O Michael, i trust you! I believe in you! You are the best! BEAT IT!
Back to top Go down
trinixdeangelov
Admin
trinixdeangelov

PostSubject: Re: When was the first time you 'saw' Michael?   When was the first time you 'saw' Michael? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 3:27 am

I first saw Michael from a poster in my aunt's room when she was still living with us... can't remember how old I was back then, maybe abt 5 or 6. My aunt then introduced me to Michael on his music vid films & watching this man perform was mind-blowing. Of course, back then Elvis was my No. 1, so I just knew Michael barely... until when I heard 'Heal The World' in 1991 at abt 9 yrs, then I had some awakening... It made me wanna know more abt this superstar, who sang such beautiful words... I wanted to find out if he really did care abt our world 'cos some artistes just sing abt it but don't practice the thought. Michael proved to be extremely rare & different in tt aspect... Finding out more of his humanitarian efforts, left a feeling of deep respect. It was his inner humanity & heart tt got me turned into a fan... sure his music didn't hurt but his humanitarian efforts, made me sit up & pay more attn to the man. After Elvis, Michael was the next pillar of my support. Elvis was like my Dad & Michael was like my brother I've never had.

Last edited by trinixdeangelov on Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: When was the first time you 'saw' Michael?   When was the first time you 'saw' Michael? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 5:09 am

My experience is a funny one. Promise you won't laugh! Laughing
I was just walking along the streets under the HDB flat with my mother when I was young (think during my primary school times), and I noticed a pile of garbage, with Michael's postcard/photo amongst it. (Yes, you must be thinking who in the world will throw away his postcard... LOL)
I picked it up, and asked my mum "Who is this?"
My mum answered "mai ke jie sun" (Ok, its "Michael" in direct mandarin translation lah) Haha.
And my next question came " ta si le ma? (He die already or not?)" (=.= Ya,I did not mean it as a curse! I just had this habit of asking whether people die already or not that time. LOL)
Of course, my mum said "no lah".

I forgot the rest of the conversations already but I knew I didn't have much recollection of this man... I only remembered my "first encounter" as picking up MJ's postcard from the pile of garbage. Laughing
Now I wish I knew where I kept the postcard. I didn't give a damn about it in the past as Michael was a complete stranger to me that time. You know, its kind of embarrassing to say it, but during the time when everyone (including all of you guys here) knew who he is, I didn't. (That was why I felt sheepish when even non-fans of him said they had seen him on TV or heard his music before when they were young.)

I don't remember listening to ANY of his music before (or maybe I did, but was oblivious that its his.)

Well... I hate to say it.. But if I didn't come across that postcard which people dumped away, I wouldn't even know he existed. (That was how mountain tortoise I was.) Laughing

My situation is quite pathetic and ironic lah. Its very hard to imagine such ignorance can later on become an obsession- and a huge one at that.

That is why now when I understood things better, I really admire and salute all of you who have been long-time fan of his. All I can say is "You guys are really fortunate to have appreciated him and his music since a long time back!"

^_^ All of you guys will always have my respect.
Back to top Go down
https://mjsgfanclub.forumotion.com
trinixdeangelov
Admin
trinixdeangelov

PostSubject: Re: When was the first time you 'saw' Michael?   When was the first time you 'saw' Michael? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 5:22 am

Hey Cat, don't be too hard on urself... I know it's hard esp when on the TII-Sg page, fans like u have to deal with unforgiving & rude fans.... u should know who I'm talking abt... It's just tt ur life circumstances were very different... who can blame u? It's still better late than nv... I'm just thankful that I grew up in a very music-orientated family, English music mainly, tho' I seem to be the only one who took it to the far extreme & drove my parents & family nuts... Hee... I'm the only mega music lover in my household & it was definitely hard when ppl who u know as family wouldn't understand why u had such mega loves for sth like music.... Music is my soul, it keeps me alive... I think I'd die w/o music... I'd rather gd blind & dumb than lose my hearing. In addition, I'm more art-prone than academic & tt just drove a wedge with my family.

As long as ur intentions for starting ur interest now is pure, I'm sure Michael wouldn't mind a late fan... as the saying goes, better late than nv
Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: When was the first time you 'saw' Michael?   When was the first time you 'saw' Michael? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 5:37 am

Smile Thank you for the heartwarming words... *hugs*
Yeah, so you've seen that "war" on TII-Sg page Embarassed I didn't mean to add on fuel to fire on there, but indeed, late fans will feel provoked by these "so-called long time fans".
I'm glad there are still many forgiving and nice fans out there who are willing to accept late-time fans like you guys. Smile
I'm more of those "chinese music" type, which probably explains why I didn't get that "connection" before. I agree with you about music! Music is a magical thing.. It can soothe, heal, comfort, etc.. etc. It will be unbelievable to live in a world without it.

I'm sure Michael is a forgiving person (he always was!) Haha. At least, I changed my opinions of him from a negative to a positive one. I was once brainwashed by all those media hype, unfortunately.
But I'm glad I did go all out to "seek the truth" and understand more about him and his life. It is just amazing. I love you
Back to top Go down
trinixdeangelov
Admin
trinixdeangelov

PostSubject: Re: When was the first time you 'saw' Michael?   When was the first time you 'saw' Michael? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 6:26 am

Admin wrote:
Yeah, so you've seen that "war" on TII-Sg page Embarassed I didn't mean to add on fuel to fire on there, but indeed, late fans will feel provoked by these "so-called long time fans".
I'm glad there are still many forgiving and nice fans out there who are willing to accept late-time fans like you guys. Smile
I'm more of those "chinese music" type, which probably explains why I didn't get that "connection" before. I agree with you about music! Music is a magical thing.. It can soothe, heal, comfort, etc.. etc. It will be unbelievable to live in a world without it.

I'm sure Michael is a forgiving person (he always was!) Haha. At least, I changed my opinions of him from a negative to a positive one. I was once brainwashed by all those media hype, unfortunately.
But I'm glad I did go all out to "seek the truth" and understand more about him and his life. It is just amazing. I love you

yeah, I got depressed reading thru tt war... I really don't understand what's tt deal between longtime & short-time fans, does it really matter? Would being a long-time fan earn u a better standing with Michael when u're all abt being so unfriendly, harsh, etc on new fans? Cna't ppl discover Michael at a much later stage??? Is there a crime in that? I really don't understand what the issue is with tt... I think Michael would be happier if we spread & shared his love and music, he couldn't want this nonsensical fight between fans... that wasn't Michael's intention at all. Just because I like something for a long time, it doesn't mean everyone here on Planet Earth must be the same as me.. .then we might as well be robots.

i think u're doing gd for a new fan 'cos u took the effort to set up this grp here, when one wasn't ever around.
Back to top Go down
skyenat
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN
skyenat

PostSubject: Re: When was the first time you 'saw' Michael?   When was the first time you 'saw' Michael? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 9:01 am

trinixdeangelov wrote:
Admin wrote:

yeah, I got depressed reading thru tt war... I really don't understand what's tt deal between longtime & short-time fans, does it really matter? Would being a long-time fan earn u a better standing with Michael when u're all abt being so unfriendly, harsh, etc on new fans? Cna't ppl discover Michael at a much later stage??? Is there a crime in that? I really don't understand what the issue is with tt... I think Michael would be happier if we spread & shared his love and music, he couldn't want this nonsensical fight between fans... that wasn't Michael's intention at all. Just because I like something for a long time, it doesn't mean everyone here on Planet Earth must be the same as me.. .then we might as well be robots.

i think u're doing gd for a new fan 'cos u took the effort to set up this grp here, when one wasn't ever around.

agree with the both of you.

For me, think I'm considered a new fan XD I don't even remember when I first saw him though.. I mean I heard about some of the news stuff, but I know you can't trust the news and stuff, so I never really down to finding out about Michael, cause it's hard to have a proper first impression with all those stuff, and I hate it, so I didn't find out until around end last year/this year... Started listening to his music etc from people who'd lend me cds that kinda thing... kept thinking, at the end of this year when I'm free then I'll go full into finding out more about him & go buy all his albums.. Never expected him to pass before I could even do so, I think that's my biggest regret on music, and music's a big part of my life..

Somehow it just seems like cause of my age, I totally skipped the part where MJ's music was on radios and stuff etc Sad , given I'm 17 & my parent's don't really listen to music. So like, HIStory's when I was 3, and then not much promo for Invincible, so just didn't cross paths with me, not sure why, though when I think about it I wanna hit myself, like why didn't I find out about him somehow!? Sad
Back to top Go down
trinixdeangelov
Admin
trinixdeangelov

PostSubject: Re: When was the first time you 'saw' Michael?   When was the first time you 'saw' Michael? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 9:54 am

it's really hard, honestly, Nat... so u shouldn't be too harsh on urself too... It wasn't like the Sg fans are like fans frm the US where they had protests, etc during Michael's trails... life here in Singapore is just so detached frm a lot of things so sometimes ppl get lagged behind in events, etc...

It's hard esp when Michael's later stuff didn't get as much promotion as his older albums & everything u read abt him then was abt his trail & tt he wasn't his kids' biological father... so it's been hard...
Back to top Go down
skyenat
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN
skyenat

PostSubject: Re: When was the first time you 'saw' Michael?   When was the first time you 'saw' Michael? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 10:15 am

trinixdeangelov wrote:
it's really hard, honestly, Nat... so u shouldn't be too harsh on urself too... It wasn't like the Sg fans are like fans frm the US where they had protests, etc during Michael's trails... life here in Singapore is just so detached frm a lot of things so sometimes ppl get lagged behind in events, etc...

It's hard esp when Michael's later stuff didn't get as much promotion as his older albums & everything u read abt him then was abt his trail & tt he wasn't his kids' biological father... so it's been hard...

=X yeah I guess...

Yeah, I wish there was... it's like somehow it just skipped my life during that time, and I caught on at such a last min moment Sad

yeah....sigh..
Back to top Go down
trinixdeangelov
Admin
trinixdeangelov

PostSubject: Re: When was the first time you 'saw' Michael?   When was the first time you 'saw' Michael? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 10:26 am

skyenat wrote:
trinixdeangelov wrote:

=X yeah I guess...

Yeah, I wish there was... it's like somehow it just skipped my life during that time, and I caught on at such a last min moment Sad

yeah....sigh..

Things happen for a reason... don't be too sad.
Back to top Go down
icy55
A die-hard MJ Fan
A die-hard MJ Fan
icy55

PostSubject: Re: When was the first time you 'saw' Michael?   When was the first time you 'saw' Michael? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 10:52 am

Hey guys! Love is never too late! Keep the faith and Michael will always be with us! =)
Back to top Go down
trinixdeangelov
Admin
trinixdeangelov

PostSubject: Re: When was the first time you 'saw' Michael?   When was the first time you 'saw' Michael? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 10:57 am

icy55 wrote:
Hey guys! Love is never too late! Keep the faith and Michael will always be with us! =)

So very true!
Back to top Go down
Star
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN
Star

PostSubject: Re: When was the first time you 'saw' Michael?   When was the first time you 'saw' Michael? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 4:13 pm

hey guys, i guess we were all great fans! There is no new or old fans here where we gather.. the fb war really showed how united we were! i was amazed by the no. of responses. lol.. great cat, you did really well. i wanted to peace it off but i cant help leaving a comment to agree with you! wahaha.. i contributed some fuel too..

but we are doing it for LOVE!
Back to top Go down
trinixdeangelov
Admin
trinixdeangelov

PostSubject: Re: When was the first time you 'saw' Michael?   When was the first time you 'saw' Michael? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 4:29 pm

Star wrote:
hey guys, i guess we were all great fans! There is no new or old fans here where we gather.. the fb war really showed how united we were! i was amazed by the no. of responses. lol.. great cat, you did really well. i wanted to peace it off but i cant help leaving a comment to agree with you! wahaha.. i contributed some fuel too..

Some fans just need to get off their high horses... so long as the interest & love is pure & frm the heart, who are they to judge? If Michael's not judging, who died & made 'em God to judge others? By judging & slamming new fans, they aren't practicing Michael code of Love either.
Back to top Go down
skyenat
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN
skyenat

PostSubject: Re: When was the first time you 'saw' Michael?   When was the first time you 'saw' Michael? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 4:30 pm

trinixdeangelov wrote:
skyenat wrote:
trinixdeangelov wrote:

=X yeah I guess...

yeah....sigh..

Things happen for a reason... don't be too sad.
& to icy too,

Smile so awesome to have fellow fans here for support though!
Back to top Go down
Star
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN
Star

PostSubject: Re: When was the first time you 'saw' Michael?   When was the first time you 'saw' Michael? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 4:40 pm

trinixdeangelov wrote:
Star wrote:

Some fans just need to get off their high horses... so long as the interest & love is pure & frm the heart, who are they to judge? If Michael's not judging, who died & made 'em God to judge others? By judging & slamming new fans, they aren't practicing Michael code of Love either.

totally agree! thats what i was trying to drive at.. apparently not all gets it.. argh.. but glad its over.. =)

@nat, yup since we are all here for Michael, we are here for each other too. otherwise this fanclub would not work! 3 cheers for Michael and for LOVE! cheers
Back to top Go down
skyenat
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN
skyenat

PostSubject: Re: When was the first time you 'saw' Michael?   When was the first time you 'saw' Michael? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 4:44 pm

Star wrote:
trinixdeangelov wrote:
Star wrote:

totally agree! thats what i was trying to drive at.. apparently not all gets it.. argh.. but glad its over.. =)

@nat, yup since we are all here for Michael, we are here for each other too. otherwise this fanclub would not work! 3 cheers for Michael and for LOVE! cheers

Yeah! so glad we all get the right idea on the msg of LOVE Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: When was the first time you 'saw' Michael?   When was the first time you 'saw' Michael? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 10:44 am

Haha, *winks at Stella* Good job in countering that guy too! Razz Yeah, I agree with all of you guys. There's no discrimination against new or old fans! We are all on the same boat once we fell in love with this man. Hahaha.
I still can't believe that chicken guy in fb who started the war call himself a "true fan" just because "he collects a lot of his stuff". Duh. His actions totally contradicts that. Razz

ITS ALL FOR LOVE, L-O-V-E!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
trinixdeangelov
Admin
trinixdeangelov

PostSubject: Re: When was the first time you 'saw' Michael?   When was the first time you 'saw' Michael? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 12:13 pm

Admin wrote:
Haha, *winks at Stella* Good job in countering that guy too! Razz Yeah, I agree with all of you guys. There's no discrimination against new or old fans! We are all on the same boat once we fell in love with this man. Hahaha.
I still can't believe that chicken guy in fb who started the war call himself a "true fan" just because "he collects a lot of his stuff". Duh. His actions totally contradicts that. Razz

Just know tt those kinda ppl no pt wasting ur energy on 'em... seriously nxt time don't even bother replying 'cos it ain't worth it.
Back to top Go down
Star
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN
Star

PostSubject: Re: When was the first time you 'saw' Michael?   When was the first time you 'saw' Michael? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 1:21 pm

trinixdeangelov wrote:
Admin wrote:

Just know tt those kinda ppl no pt wasting ur energy on 'em... seriously nxt time don't even bother replying 'cos it ain't worth it.

Got it! learnt a lesson here! see the true faces of some fans too! cant be a true fan if you are that superficial..
and if you realised, he changed his profile pic.. heehee... afraid of being recognised... lol!
Back to top Go down
trinixdeangelov
Admin
trinixdeangelov

PostSubject: Re: When was the first time you 'saw' Michael?   When was the first time you 'saw' Michael? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 1:26 pm

Star wrote:
trinixdeangelov wrote:
Admin wrote:

Got it! learnt a lesson here! see the true faces of some fans too! cant be a true fan if you are that superficial..
and if you realised, he changed his profile pic.. heehee... afraid of being recognised... lol!

He's just all bark & no bite geek
Back to top Go down
icy55
A die-hard MJ Fan
A die-hard MJ Fan
icy55

PostSubject: Re: When was the first time you 'saw' Michael?   When was the first time you 'saw' Michael? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 2:22 pm

"You're love his magical... That's how I feel..." Suddenly felt like singing that verse!
Back to top Go down
Star
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN
Star

PostSubject: Re: When was the first time you 'saw' Michael?   When was the first time you 'saw' Michael? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 2:27 pm

i love that song.. =)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When was the first time you 'saw' Michael?   When was the first time you 'saw' Michael? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When was the first time you 'saw' Michael?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next