Michael Jackson SG (Singapore) Fanclub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRegisterLog inLatest imagesSearch

Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records

Go down 
+5
Admin
Star
icy55
trinixdeangelov
radyalovesmjj
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
radyalovesmjj
A die-hard MJ Fan
A die-hard MJ Fan
radyalovesmjj

Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records Empty
PostSubject: Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records   Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 10:36 am

michael jackson makes an appearance at the guinness world records london HQ in 2006

michael jackson mosaic breaks record

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Most Successful Concert Series - Guinness Book Of World Records
Michael Jackson sold out for seven nights at Wembley Stadium, London, England in the summer of 1988. A total of 504,000 people saw Michael perform July 14-16, 22-23, and August 26-27, 1988.

Biggest Selling Album Of All Time - Guinness Book Of World Records
Michael Jackson's "Thriller" Album is the biggest selling album of all time, with over 50 million copies sold worldwide. Thriller is also the biggest selling U.S album with sales of 25 million copies.

80's Most #1 Hits
By The End of the 1980's Michael Jackson had more #1 hits than any other artist for the decade.

Michael Awards
Michael has more awards than any other artist.

Entertainer Of The Decade
With the #1 (Thriller) and #2 (Bad) ranked albums in the world Michael was the 1980's Entertainer Of The Decade.

Most Grammy Awards - Guinness Book Of World Records
Michael won a record breaking 8 Grammy Awards in 1984, more than any other artist in one year.

Largest Contracts - Guinness Book Of World Records
$890 million (Sony Music) Contract, with prospective earnings of $1 billion.

Greatest Audience - Guinness Book Of World Records
The highest-ever viewership was 133.4 million viewers watching the NBC transmission of Super Bowl XXVII on June 31, 1993. Michael was spotlighted during the half-time peformance.

Highest-Paid Commercial Spokesperson - Guinness Book Of World Records
Pepsi Cola paid Michael Jackson $12 million to do 4 TV commercials.

Bad Tour - Guinness Book Of World Records
Michael Jackson's world tour brought in a record gross revenue of over $124 million during September 1987-December 1988.

100 Million Records
Michael has sold over 100 million singles and albums outside of the U.S.

Billboard Charts
Michael Jackson is the first person in the 37 year history of the chart to enter at # 1, with his single "You Are Not Alone". Michael broke his previous redord held by his single "Earth Song" which debuted at #5.

Biggest Selling Video
Michael Jackson's "The Making Of Thriller" is the biggest selling video to be released by an artist.

Billboard "Hot 100" Singles Chart
Most #1 Hits by Male Artist (13)

#1 Debuts
Michael's "Bad", "Dangerous", and "HIStory" albums all debuted at #1.

Consecutive #1 Singles
Jackson 5 were the first group to ever have four consecutive #1 singles.

#1 On Charts
In 1983 Michael became the first artist to simultaneously hold the number one spots on Billboard's rock albums and rock singles charts, as well as the R&B albums and singles charts.

First Video
Michael Jackson was the first black artist to have a video aired on MTV.

what an altruistic, selfless man. thank you for the contributions michael we love you.
Back to top Go down
http://2faces2worlds.blogspot.com
trinixdeangelov
Admin
trinixdeangelov

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records   Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 10:56 am

Michael's other records:

1) There's also his record of his support to the most number of Charities - 39

2) David O. Selznick's 1940 Best Film Oscar for Gone with the Wind (USA, 1939) was bought by Jackson for $1,542,000 on June 12, 1999, at Sotheby's, New York City. The Academy Awards no longer permits such sales, all but ensuring that it will remain the most expensive Oscar.

3) Jackson financed the most expensive music video ("Scream" in 1995. The clip, which co-starred sister Janet Jackson, reportedly cost over US$7 million.

4) On November 14, 1991, the debut of Michael Jackson’s music video Black or White was broadcast simultaneously in 27 countries, to the largest estimated audience to view such a video: perhaps 500 million people.

5) Jackson has 9 platinum singles, the second most by any male artist in the U.S. (Elvis Presley is first). Jackson has 13 # 1 singles in United States, the second most by a male solo artist, again second only to Presley.

6) Jackson has won the most World Music Awards by a male artist, 15. Five of these came in 1996, tying Whitney Houston's record total from 1994. He has also won the most Billboard awards by a male artist, 26. Jackson's 13 Billboard awards in 1983 are the highest-ever one-year total.

7) Jackson was named the "Best Selling Male Artist of the Millennium" at the World Music Awards ceremony in 2000, and the "Artist Of The Century" at the American Music Awards ceremony in 2002. In 2006, the Guinness World Records identified Jackson as the "Most Successful Entertainer Of All Time", and the first performer to have sold 100 million albums outside the U.S. Also in 2006, Jackson was awarded the "Chopard Diamond award" at the World Music Awards. commemorating sales of over 100 million records.

Cool Jackson was once one of the wealthiest entertainers in the world, with an estimated fortune of more than $750 million.

9) Jackson's "Bad World Tour" (1987–1989) was the highest-grossing tour ever at the time, with over $125 million earned. This record was later broken by the "Dangerous World Tour" (1992-1993) and later broken again by the "HIStory World Tour" (1996-1997), which is still the biggest tour ever in terms of international attendance (4.5 million tickets outside of USA). 700,000 tickets were sold in about four hours for the cancelled "This Is It" concert series in 2009.

10) Jackson's double album "HIStory" is one of the top-selling multiple discs of all time. Though estimates of its worldwide sales total range as high as 21 million copies (42 million discs), over 11 million copies of "HIStory" are known to have been sold.

11) Five of Jackson's albums, Bad, Dangerous, HIStory, Invincible, and the soundtrack to Michael Jackson's This Is It, debuted at number one in the United States.

12) Jackson is the only artist to chart five number one hits from one LP, Bad ("Bad", "The Way You Make Me Feel", "Man in the Mirror", "I Just Can't Stop Loving You", and "Dirty Diana").

13) Jackson was the first artist to chart four Top 10 singles from one album (Off the Wall).

14) With "Thriller"'s "Billie Jean", Jackson became the first artist to simultaneously have the number one album and number one single on Billboard's Pop Charts and Black Charts.

15) Following his death, Jackson became the first artist to sell more than 2 million downloads in a week.
Back to top Go down
radyalovesmjj
A die-hard MJ Fan
A die-hard MJ Fan
radyalovesmjj

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records   Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 11:01 am

oww!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
icy55
A die-hard MJ Fan
A die-hard MJ Fan
icy55

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records   Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 11:09 am

Shamone!
Back to top Go down
trinixdeangelov
Admin
trinixdeangelov

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records   Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 1:02 pm

Acha-ooh
Back to top Go down
Star
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN
Star

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records   Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 4:46 pm

hee hee....
Back to top Go down
trinixdeangelov
Admin
trinixdeangelov

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records   Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 4:58 pm

Star wrote:
hee hee....

Duh??? Star, what Hee hee??? Should be one only??? Razz
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records   Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 10:55 am

HEE HEE HEE (*singing the "hee hee hee" from Billie Jean*
Back to top Go down
https://mjsgfanclub.forumotion.com
trinixdeangelov
Admin
trinixdeangelov

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records   Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 12:18 pm

afro
Back to top Go down
skyenat
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN
skyenat

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records   Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 12:22 pm

hahahaha you guys are hilarious!
Look at all the certs on the floor while they're shooting photos omg lol.
Back to top Go down
Star
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN
Star

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records   Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 1:26 pm

trinixdeangelov wrote:
Star wrote:
hee hee....

one? two? three?
i tot i always heard 2or 3.. haha.. just heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Very Happy
Back to top Go down
skyenat
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN
skyenat

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records   Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 1:37 pm

Star wrote:
trinixdeangelov wrote:
Star wrote:
hee hee....

one? two? three?
i tot i always heard 2or 3.. haha.. just heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Very Happy

LOL! I thought it's 1 or 2!
Back to top Go down
radyalovesmjj
A die-hard MJ Fan
A die-hard MJ Fan
radyalovesmjj

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records   Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 1:41 pm

he did squeal hee hee on "who is it" and during live gigs if memory serves me right... Razz
Back to top Go down
cindy_leo86
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN
cindy_leo86

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records   Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 1:49 pm

Wow.......! A long list of record breaking cheers
Back to top Go down
trinixdeangelov
Admin
trinixdeangelov

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records   Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 2:29 pm

Methinks 1 Hee's more famous... Hee
Back to top Go down
Star
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN
Star

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records   Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 2:31 pm

me like hee hee.. as long as its him heeing.. lol
Back to top Go down
trinixdeangelov
Admin
trinixdeangelov

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records   Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 2:36 pm

Star wrote:

lol!
Back to top Go down
radyalovesmjj
A die-hard MJ Fan
A die-hard MJ Fan
radyalovesmjj

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records   Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 2:43 pm

i prefer the oww... woo-hoo! Razz
Back to top Go down
skyenat
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN
skyenat

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records   Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 2:45 pm

trinixdeangelov wrote:
Star wrote:

lol!

hahaha nice!
Back to top Go down
trinixdeangelov
Admin
trinixdeangelov

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records   Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 2:56 pm

I've a thing whenever I hear Michael go "Acha-ooh"... he should have published a dictionary of MJ-lingo... Hee
Back to top Go down
Star
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN
Star

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records   Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 2:58 pm

trinixdeangelov wrote:
I've a thing whenever I hear Michael go "Acha-ooh"... he should have published a dictionary of MJ-lingo... Hee

lol! i agree! i like the chi-chi too.. just love those add-ons when he sings..
Back to top Go down
trinixdeangelov
Admin
trinixdeangelov

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records   Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 2:59 pm

Star wrote:
trinixdeangelov wrote:

Sometimes it drove me up the wall trying to figure out what he was singing... like in Smooth Criminal... only after I searched for the lyrics then I was "What the???" Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Star
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN
Star

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records   Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 3:04 pm

trinixdeangelov wrote:
Star wrote:
trinixdeangelov wrote:

Sometimes it drove me up the wall trying to figure out what he was singing... like in Smooth Criminal... only after I searched for the lyrics then I was "What the???" Very Happy

haha, i could only catch him singing:" anne are you okay, are you okay anne... " lol

not only his legs are fast.. the tongue too! must be a great kisser.. wait clarification.. i'm not thinking too much here.. lolx
Back to top Go down
trinixdeangelov
Admin
trinixdeangelov

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records   Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 3:12 pm

Star wrote:
trinixdeangelov wrote:
Star wrote:
trinixdeangelov wrote:

haha, i could only catch him singing:" anne are you okay, are you okay anne... " lol

not only his legs are fast.. the tongue too! must be a great kisser.. wait clarification.. i'm not thinking too much here.. lolx

At first tt line I thought Michael was singing "Annie, are you walkin'?" Ciaoz...

WAHAHAHAHA... we all know what Star's thinking of... HEE
Razz
Back to top Go down
skyenat
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN
skyenat

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records   Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 3:13 pm

Star wrote:
trinixdeangelov wrote:
Star wrote:
trinixdeangelov wrote:

lol! yeah omg he's super fast in all ways!
For me I think I got caught at Ma Ma Sa, Ma Ma Coo Sa

but that's not really him singing? lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records   Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next