Michael Jackson SG (Singapore) Fanclub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRegisterLog inLatest imagesSearch

Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records

Go down 
+5
Admin
Star
icy55
trinixdeangelov
radyalovesmjj
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
radyalovesmjj
A die-hard MJ Fan
A die-hard MJ Fan
radyalovesmjj

Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records   Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 6:43 am

got it from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Laughing
did a lot of hopping around mj-dedicated blogs online... just one of my simple pleasures in life...

Last edited by radyalovesmjj on Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://2faces2worlds.blogspot.com
skyenat
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN
skyenat

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records   Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 6:45 am

radyalovesmjj wrote:
got it from [url]flypeterpanfly.tumblr.com[/url] Laughing

did a lot of hopping around mj-dedicated blogs online... just one of my simple pleasures in life...

haha ohh! I follow quite afew tumblrs as well, but haven't checked that one out Razz thanks~
Back to top Go down
trinixdeangelov
Admin
trinixdeangelov

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records   Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 12:49 pm

radyalovesmjj wrote:
Facts you may or may not know about MICHAEL JACKSON

1. His favorite board games were Monopoly and Chess

2. His favorite foods were mexican, pizza, chicken, popcorn, M&Ms, glazed donuts, frosted flakes

3. His favorite drinks were mineral water, orange juice, carrot juice, and Gatorade during concerts

4. In 1992, Michael was crowned “King Sani’ in a west african village in Gabon, Ivory Coast.

5. The trademark arm-band that he always wore was a symbol of the suffering of hungry children around the world.

6. His favorite colors were red and gold (not red and black, as previously reported.) Wink

I've read abt all these facts many yrs back tho' can't recall frm which source... old already... LOLx... there was even a pic of Michael on a throne & crown during the King Sani crowning ceremony, saw it in some mag or sth... as for the colours, I didn't know it was red & gold tho', always thought it was just red... Hee
Back to top Go down
skyenat
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN
skyenat

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records   Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 1:39 pm

trinixdeangelov wrote:
radyalovesmjj wrote:

2. His favorite foods were mexican, pizza, chicken, popcorn, M&Ms, glazed donuts, frosted flakes

3. His favorite drinks were mineral water, orange juice, carrot juice, and Gatorade during concerts

4. In 1992, Michael was crowned “King Sani’ in a west african village in Gabon, Ivory Coast.

5. The trademark arm-band that he always wore was a symbol of the suffering of hungry children around the world.

6. His favorite colors were red and gold (not red and black, as previously reported.) Wink

I've read abt all these facts many yrs back tho' can't recall frm which source... old already... LOLx... there was even a pic of Michael on a throne & crown during the King Sani crowning ceremony, saw it in some mag or sth... as for the colours, I didn't know it was red & gold tho', always thought it was just red... Hee

wow so cool! So actually he's a King in more ways than one Wink
Back to top Go down
trinixdeangelov
Admin
trinixdeangelov

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records   Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 1:57 pm

skyenat wrote:
trinixdeangelov wrote:
radyalovesmjj wrote:

wow so cool! So actually he's a King in more ways than one Wink

Yup.... when I had read abt it, it was so cool... Hee... I just saw sometime back a lil bit abt tt on Wiki... lemme go find...
Back to top Go down
trinixdeangelov
Admin
trinixdeangelov

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records   Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 2:06 pm

Found it.... here's tt bit on Wiki...

"In a high-profile visit to Africa, Jackson visited several countries, among them Gabon and Egypt. His first stop to Gabon was greeted with a sizable and enthusiastic reception of more than 100,000 people, some of them carrying signs that read, "Welcome Home Michael." In his trip to Côte d'Ivoire, Jackson was crowned "King Sani" by a tribal chief. He then thanked the dignitaries in French and English, signed official documents formalizing his kingship and sat on a golden throne while presiding over ceremonial dances."

& taken frm another source...

Michael Jackson: crowned in Africa, pop music king tells real story of controversial trip - includes related interview - Cover Story, Ebony, May 1992, Robert E. Johnson

" WHEN he was out front as the 14year-old lead vocalist of the Jackson Five singing group, Michael Jackson visited Africa for the first time.

"When we came off the plane in [Daka, Senegal] Africa," he recalls, "we were greeted by a long line of African dancers. Their drums and sounds filled the air with rhythm. I was going crazy, I was screaming, "All right! They got the rhythm... This is it. This is where I come from. The origin."'

Nineteen years later, when Michael, now 33, came off the plane in Gabon, a West African neighbor nation of Senegal, he was greeted by an excited, screaming crowd of grade-school students who carried a banner that proclaimed: "Welcome Home Michael."

Drum sounds again filled the air with rhythm that flowed from fans who gathered at the airport and lined the streets in anticipation of seeing the "king of pop, rock and soul," who would later be crowned "King Sani" in a West African village.

Despite or perhaps because of this acclaim, the pop idol almost immediately became the center of an international controversy based on a negative media campaign. The media bashing included these big lies:

The trip was a "public relations disaster for Michael."
Truth: It was a triumph in which he drew more spectators in Gabon than Nelson Mandela and more in the Ivory Coast than the Pope, according to African spokespersons.

"The singer cut short an African tour after a stopover generated the wrong kind of excitement."
Truth: The sponsors wanted him to extend his tour to meet the demand for his appearances everywhere.

In French-speaking, oil- and mineralrich Gabon, he received the West African nations Medal of Honor from President Omar Bongo, who was the official host of the performer's "Come Back To Eden" tour.

President Bongo told Jackson that he was the first entertainer to ever receive the medal, which until then has been given only to heads of states and highranking diplomats and dignitaries--including Nelson Mandela.

As host of the tour, President Bongo appointed his daughter, Pasoaline Bongo, the nation's foreign Minister, and his son, Ali Bongo, to coordinate the tour along with Charles Bobbit, a consultant to the president, who initiated the idea for Jacksons visit.

Jackson agreed to go on the non-performing tour with the stipulation that his priority was his "desire to visit orphanages, children's hospitals, churches, schools and playgrounds."

During his visits to Gabon, the Ivory Coast, Tanzania and Egypt, he encountered "Michael mania" everywhere. His image was on posters, T-shirts, billboards, a postage stamp (in Tanzania), and street banners. His music was played on the radio, piped into hotels-- Okume Palace in Libreville, Gabon; Hotel Ivoire in Abidjan, Ivory Coast; and the Kilimanjaro Hotel in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.

Energetic and intensely interested in his fans, he logged 30,000 miles in 11 days; passed through 11 time zones, slept in five time zones and landed on four continents--South America, Africa, Europe and North America. His 26-person entourage traveled in a Boeing 707 Executive plane with stateroom, private bath, open bar, lounges, dining areas, video and audio equipment, telephones and fax machines.

And when it was over, the entertainer, contrary to false rumors , had given a new Michael Jackson twist to person-toperson diplomacy and had touched the lives of hundreds of thousands of proud Africans.
Back to top Go down
trinixdeangelov
Admin
trinixdeangelov

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records   Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 2:09 pm

Michael Jackson: crowned in Africa, pop music king tells real story of controversial trip - includes related interview - Cover Story, Ebony, May 1992, Robert E. Johnson (Part 2)

EBONY/JET: What was the concept for the Dangerous album?

JACKSON: I wanted to do an album that was like Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker Suite. So that in a thousand years from now, people would still be listening to it. Something that would live forever. I would like to see children and teenagers and parents and all races all over the world, hundreds and hundreds of years from now, still pulling out songs from that album and dissecting it. I want it to live.

EBONY/JET: I notice on this trip that you made a special effort to visit children.

JACKSON: I love children, as you can see. And babies.

EBONY/JET: And animals.

JACKSON: Well, there's a certain sense that animals and children have that gives me a certain creative juice, a certain force that later on in adulthoed is kind of lost because of the conditioning that happens in the world. A great poet said once. "When I see children, I see that God has not yet given up on man." An Indian poet from India said that, and his name is Tagore. The innocence of children represents to me the source of infinite creativity. That is the potential of every human being. But by the time you are an adult, you're conditioned; you're so conditioned by the things about you--and it goes. Love. Children are loving, they don't gossip, they don't complain, they're just open-hearted. They're ready for you. They don't judge. They don't see things by way of color. They're very child-like. Thats the problem with adults: they lose that child-like quality. And thats the level of inspiration that's so needed and is so important for creating and writing songs and for a sculptor, a poet or a novelist. It's that same Idnd of innocence, that same level of consciousness, that you create from. And kids have it. I feel it right away from animals and children and nature. Of course. And when I'm on stage. I can't perform if I don't have that kind of ping pong with the crowd. You know the kind of cause and effect action, reaction. Because I play off of them. They're really feeding me and I'm just acting from their energy.

EBONY/JET: Where is all this heading?

JACKSON: I really believe that God chooses people to do certain things, the way Michelangelo or Leonardo da Vinci or Mozart or Muhammad Ali or Martin Luther King is chosen. And that is their mission to do that thing. And I think that I haven't scratched the surface yet of what my real purpose is for being here. I'm committed to my art. I believe that all art has as its ultimate goal the union between the material and the spiritual, the human and the divine. And I believe that that is the very reason for the existence of art and what I do. And I feel fortunate in being that instrument through which music flows .... Deep inside I feel that this world we live in is really a big, huge, monumental symphonic orchestra. I believe that in its primordial form all of creation is sound and that it's not just random sound, that its music. You've heard the expression, music of the spheres? Well, thats a very literal phrase. In the Gospels, we read, "And the Lord God made man from the dust of the earth and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life and man became a living soul." That breath of life to me is the music of life and it permeates every fiber of creation. In one of the pieces of the Dangerous album, I say: "Life songs of ages, throbbing in my blood, have danced the rhythm of the tide and flood." This is a very literal statement, because the same new miracle intervals and biological rhythms that sound out the architecture of my DNA also governs the movement of the stars. The same music governs the rhythm of the seasons, the pulse of our heartbeats, the migration of birds, the ebb and flow of ocean tides, the cycles of growth, evolution and dissolution. It's music, its rhythm. And my goal in life is to give to the world what I was lucky to receive: the ecstasy of divine union through my music and my dance. Its like, my purpose, its what I'm here for.
Back to top Go down
trinixdeangelov
Admin
trinixdeangelov

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records   Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 2:11 pm

Michael Jackson: crowned in Africa, pop music king tells real story of controversial trip - includes related interview - Cover Story, Ebony, May 1992, Robert E. Johnson (Part 3)

EBONY/JET: What about politics?

JACKSON: I never get into politics. But I think music soothes the savage beast. If you put cells under a miscroscope and you put music on, you'll see them move and start to dance. It affects the soul.... I hear music in everything. [Pauses] You know, that is the most I've said in eight years ..... You know I don't give interviews. That because I know you, and I trust you. You're the only person I trust to give interviews to.

Africa, 1992
Back to top Go down
Star
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN
Star

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records   Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 3:19 pm

i think i read these before, quite some time ago... nice! thanks for sharing!

He's really perfect.. miss him so much..
Back to top Go down
geraldine_okl
A die-hard MJ Fan
A die-hard MJ Fan
geraldine_okl

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records   Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 8:23 pm

WAHAHAHA. the discussion over his famous squeals on the front page made me laughed like hell.
but i best like his sha'mone. ^^
sexy sexy. Razz
Back to top Go down
skyenat
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN
skyenat

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records   Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 8:27 pm

geraldine_okl wrote:
WAHAHAHA. discussion over his famous squeals here?
but i best like his sha'mone. ^^
sexy sexy. Razz
hahaha yeah!! and omg MJ is going down on msg.com Sad I'm seeing it go down as I refrsh with my own eyes ahhhhh Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
geraldine_okl
A die-hard MJ Fan
A die-hard MJ Fan
geraldine_okl

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records   Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 8:32 pm

yeah! everytime i vote, it drops??? what's wrong what's wrong...
but at least, he's leading.
Back to top Go down
skyenat
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN
skyenat

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records   Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 8:34 pm

geraldine_okl wrote:
cause now Christina Aguilera fans are voting!! Look at hers going up!! We can only make the decrease slower until the rest of the MJ fans come back to help push up Sad
Back to top Go down
geraldine_okl
A die-hard MJ Fan
A die-hard MJ Fan
geraldine_okl

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records   Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 8:35 pm

trinixdeangelov wrote:
Michael Jackson: crowned in Africa, pop music king tells real story of controversial trip - includes related interview - Cover Story, Ebony, May 1992, Robert E. Johnson (Part 3)

JACKSON: I never get into politics. But I think music soothes the savage beast. If you put cells under a miscroscope and you put music on, you'll see them move and start to dance. It affects the soul.... I hear music in everything. [Pauses] You know, that is the most I've said in eight years ..... You know I don't give interviews. That because I know you, and I trust you. You're the only person I trust to give interviews to.

Africa, 1992

i love the way michael describes anything. friggin' poetic. he really is. that makes him omg, so charming. music soothes the savage beast.
Back to top Go down
geraldine_okl
A die-hard MJ Fan
A die-hard MJ Fan
geraldine_okl

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records   Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 8:39 pm

skyenat wrote:
geraldine_okl wrote:
cause now Christina Aguilera fans are voting!! Look at hers going up!! We can only make the decrease slower until the rest of the MJ fans come back to help push up Sad

now that u're mentioning it. i see it.
oh crap. & it's going up real real real quick. *_*
shld just make an appointmt with the mj fans. & blast it all the way up.
Back to top Go down
skyenat
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN
skyenat

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records   Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 8:41 pm

geraldine_okl wrote:
skyenat wrote:
geraldine_okl wrote:

now that u're mentioning it. i see it.
oh crap. & it's going up real real real quick. *_*
shld just make an appointmt with the mj fans. & blast it all the way up.

yeah crap! But even the US fans I know are not online now! There's like no one to call leh ahhh we need help Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
geraldine_okl
A die-hard MJ Fan
A die-hard MJ Fan
geraldine_okl

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records   Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 8:47 pm

only the two helpless us..... T_T *S.O.S*
but somewhat it'd help, i hope??? *cross my fingers*
i wonder how much of clicks it'd require just to get hold of 1%....
this whole thing's ending this mth?
Back to top Go down
skyenat
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN
skyenat

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records   Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 8:49 pm

geraldine_okl wrote:
only the two helpless us..... T_T *S.O.S*
but somewhat it'd help, i hope??? *cross my fingers*
i wonder how much of clicks it'd require just to get hold of 1%....
this whole thing's ending this mth?
Yeah!! It'll help a lil cause while the rest are going down fast we still sustain abit...
alot man, I be cause can continuously vote there'd be millions of votes by now!
yep, then will get shortlisted to top 10, then that voting starts on 3rd Dec if I'm not wrong.... but still ahhh
Back to top Go down
geraldine_okl
A die-hard MJ Fan
A die-hard MJ Fan
geraldine_okl

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records   Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 9:04 pm

yupyup. better than doing nothing yup. ^^ & at the end of the day. end of this whole thing, our clicking speed wld be on turbo already. LOL.
wahpia. aguilera's 15.7%+....! they voting by group i suppose? tsk.
Back to top Go down
skyenat
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN
skyenat

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records   Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 10:05 pm

geraldine_okl wrote:
yupyup. better than doing nothing yup. ^^ & at the end of the day. end of this whole thing, our clicking speed wld be on turbo already. LOL.
wahpia. aguilera's 15.7%+....! they voting by group i suppose? tsk.
Yeah. Yeah , that time when MJ's alotta ppl vote tgt also go up very fast
Back to top Go down
trinixdeangelov
Admin
trinixdeangelov

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records   Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 12:49 am

geraldine_okl wrote:
trinixdeangelov wrote:

Africa, 1992

i love the way michael describes anything. friggin' poetic. he really is. that makes him omg, so charming. music soothes the savage beast.

Michael's always great with words, ppl just didn't think enough of him to churn out great words... stupid ppl...

& abt tt trust, he's been really generous with tt at times (MEANING BASHIT) & look at what these ppl did to him.
Back to top Go down
cindy_leo86
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN
cindy_leo86

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records   Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 8:21 am

Keep pushing!! Go Michael Go!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records   Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Michael Jackson in Guinness World Records
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3